Visa issue for Chiropractor

Mike_Cowan

I am a doctor of chiropractor licensed in the state of California. My wife and I are Canadians and I currently hold an L2 visa because my spouse is here on an intercompany transfer L1. She recently accepted a position with another company who will be sponsoring her under an H1B visa. Now my visa will change to an H4 which does not allow me to work. I am an independent contractor with an established patient base and I need to find a solution quickly. If I can not work then I run the risk of losing my license for patient abandonment. I looked online and found one instance where a chiropractor had come down on a TN visa, but there is no classification for a chiropractor so I do not know how this is possible? I also hold a Radiography Supervisor permit and my licensing permits me to use nutrition and physical therapy as part of my practice. However a physical therapist is a TN classification but not a doctor of chiropratic, this does not make sense. So what do I do to keep on working legally? Do I need to find a job with another chiropractor who will sponsor me a H1B and earn a lot less? Since I have an established practice can I not incorporate and have the corp. sponsor me under an H1B? I take it that I would need an american to be a shareholder of the corp.? I don't see how an E visa can help me since I do not have a lot of money to invest. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS: Who do you contact to add a TN visa classification? If L2 visas allows you to work why doesn't the H4?