Visa Form Questions

PRholder

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My friend is applying from the UK (Temporary resident in UK - on a student visa) and is now applying for US Student Visa. While looking at the forms, he was not sure what to answer to some of the questions... so thought to ask the genius minds over here.

Issue:- He and his wife had issues and his wife is NOT staying with him for last few years. They are married (on paper) but seperated for a while now.

Question:- If some of the forms - US Application forms are asking for Spouse Information. What should be the best thing... Answer with her name and details? or just don't worry about it (actually he does NOT even know some information about her like where she is right now.. what is her contact number etc as her family is NOT even letting him meet her)

Also, at one place - DS 156 (Spouses Full Name) : Including Maiden Name - How to fill it? - Do we give her full name (which includes friends last name) and also the maiden name?

On DS 156 - Work history is asked.. can my friend include his Part Time job details from the UK while he is staying as a student. UK allows part time jobs for students (temp. residents)

On DS 156 - Question 15 - Home Address - Is this his temporary home address in UK or the perm. Home address in India?

Thanks and I look forward to getting some ideas from you guys

He is still married to her. He can put her name down. If he really does not know her whereabouts, that is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Question:- If some of the forms - US Application forms are asking for Spouse Information. What should be the best thing... Answer with her name and details? or just don't worry about it (actually he does NOT even know some information about her like where she is right now.. what is her contact number etc as her family is NOT even letting him meet her)

DS 156 Form Questions

Folks:-

For an Indian student applying from UK (residing as temporary resident - a current student in UK), what should be the answer to following questions

Question 15: Home Address (Should this be home address of India or should it be local address of UK where the prospective student is a temporary resident)

Question 16: Home Telephone Number : Similar to Question 15, what should be the answer for home telephone number and mobile number for a temporary resident (student) in UK when applying for US Visa?

Question 22: When do you intend to arrive in the US : They are asking for date/month/year.... Unless, my friend gets his visa - he might NOT know the date... Is it possible to enter only the month and year here?

Question 24: At what address will you stay in the US : My friend is going to be a student and unless and until he comes to US, will NOT know the answer for this - What have folks applying for student visa entered for this Question?

Question 25: Name and Telephone of Person in US who will be staying with : For prospective students, this would be a tough question to answer and I am sure most of the student visa applicants might have wondered what to enter here. What are some good answers here?