Visa Fee Draft Payable to whom?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
1. In whose favor (naming who? NVC?) the $335.00 visa fee draft should be payable?
2. Is personal check (US bank) acceptable? If not, is US post office money order acceptable to them?

I wish to send the fee draft to India for my mother's family-based case and she hasn't yet received the fee bill so I don't know about the instructions therein. The online message says fee bill was generated on 08/25 so it will take some time to reach India and meanwhile I thought of mailing her the fee check (or draft) so that she can respond fast.

Thank you.

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jigesh
1. In whose favor (naming who? NVC?) the $335.00 visa fee draft should be payable?
2. Is personal check (US bank) acceptable? If not, is US post office money order acceptable to them?

I wish to send the fee draft to India for my mother's family-based case and she hasn't yet received the fee bill so I don't know about the instructions therein. The online message says fee bill was generated on 08/25 so it will take some time to reach India and meanwhile I thought of mailing her the fee check (or draft) so that she can respond fast.

Thank you.

Jigesh

If the fee bill is being sent to your mother in India then I would assume they expect the payment to be made to the consulate and currency would be Indian Rupees equivalent to $335/-.

Personal checks are not acceptable (neither here in US nor in India).

If the VISA issue is paid here in US to the NVC the Banker's check or money order are made payable to 'Department of State'.

You need to find out whether you can make an instrument as
above in US funds and send it to India, and whether or not it is acceptable to the Consulate.

Raju

Thanks a lot, Raju. I guess I better wait till my mother receives the fee bill and instructions because, as you suspect, if they need fees in Rs., then the $$ draft I send from here in the US won't do. Will rather wait.

Thank you.

Jigesh