Visa F24 with child

sedge

How do. My sister in law is from the Philippines. My mother in law filed for her after she had her green card in 2012. The priority date is 14 April 2016. She has a daughter 8 years old. My mother in law recently became a US citizen. How will this effect her visa and what steps do we need to take? Thank you

She was in the F2B category, and it automatically converted to the F1 category. But she has the option to "opt out" of the conversion and stay in F2B if she wishes. It looks like under the current visa bulletin, for people born in the Philippines, F1 is faster than F2B for both Final Action Dates and Dates for Filing, though it still hasn't reached 2016 priority dates in either chart. She should notify NVC of the category change to F1 so they would start the process faster. I am not sure what the exact steps are.

Thank you
For both the F1 and F2B, what are the expected waiting times for visa
On the F1, will her 8 year-old daughter be able to come with her like the F2B?

For both the F1 and F2B, what are the expected waiting times for visa
Look at the visa bulletin. When the Date for Filing passes her priority date, they will start processing it. When the Final Action Date passes her priority date, she can be issued an immigrant visa. I can't predict how fast the dates move.
On the F1, will her 8 year-old daughter be able to come with her like the F2B?
Yes