Very Very Very Urgent. Please Help !!! Parents Trip In Jeopardy Due To Visa Error

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
We have a very strange and urgent problem. My parents went for the B1 visa interview last week and the officer approved them for a visa.

The applied through TT Services agency. Yesterday they got the passports back. In my Dad's passport he had the 10 year visa sticker. But in my mother's passport there was a visa sticker for some other gentleman.

Someone at the US consulate made a mistake by putting the wrong person's visa in mother's passport and probably vice versa.

What can my parents do in this situation. All the tickets and bookings are ready but now the Consulate has done this mistake.

Any advice at this point would really help me a lot. Please Guru's or Mr Khanna give me some advice on how to tackle this situation.

My parents are planning to go to the US consulate again on Tuesday. But could this be a problem for them at the port of entry ? Should they travel if the consulate cancels the other visa and puts in a new sticker ?

Regards to All !!

Contact the consulate in person immediately. They can usually correct the problem immediately. The consulate will cancel the incorrect visa and attach a new correct visa sticker. This should cause no problems whatsoever at port of entry.

Thank you so much for the response. My parents are travelling to Delhi consulate again on Tuesday . (Unfortunately they dont live in Delhi but about 5 hours North of Delhi).

1) So the cancelled visa sticker will always remain in my mother's passport ? Wont the immigration officer at Port on Entry question why someone else's photo and visa sticker is on her passport.

2) Should my parents request the consulate to give some sort of letter saying the misktake occured there ?