Very Very Bad situation

lucky1

Registered Users (C)
I have rather a sad situation to share with you guys. One of my friends went to India to get married on May 24 and his birthday was on May 31st he died in and accident on June 7th(Everything happend within a span of 2 weeks). He is survived by his wife. Now his wife got her H4 visa and she has also written her GRE and TOEFL to continue her studies here. As you know F1 Visas are rather hard to get what do you guys suggest for her. She is too young to be a widow. I wonder what her condition would be in home country. The saddest part is she lost her father in that accident too.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's story.

1. If she already has H4 visa she can come to USA and work with lawyer to file petition. (or convert her status to F1 after comming to usa)
2. It won't be lawful to travel on H4 visa, but she will have very slim chance to get F1 visa, becuase usa consulate won't consider human side of the story.
3. It would be risky, becuase at port of entry office can ask questions, but postive side is they won't have any information about your friend's death.
4. She can mention, she is comming to usa to windup her husband's stuff. and then she can change her mind after coming usa and consult good attorny- > file petition for change of status.

I hope this will help. Good luck JB

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear about your friend\'s story.

1. If she already has H4 visa she can come to USA and work with lawyer to file petition. (or convert her status to F1 after comming to usa) 2. It won\'t be lawful, but she will have very slim chance to get F1 visa, becuase usa consulate won\'t consider human side of the story. 3. It would be risky, becuase at port of entry office can ask questions, but postive side is they won\'t have any information about your friend\'s death. 4. She can mention, she is comming to usa to windup her husband\'s stuff. and then she can change her mind after she come to usa and consult good attorny- > file petition for change of status. I hope this will help. Good luck JB