Very Urgent - Travelling & I485 RFE sent just day before travel.

immi_mygc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
This is typical situation and I know some people faced it. I am travelling Monday day of after tomrrow and today Friday evening I got email about my I485 that Notice request for additional evidence is mailed on Friday.

Now I am not sure what I am suppose to do. I need to go, but problem is I am not sure how much time they give for RFE to reply. I am going for 3 weeks. I am expecting this would be about Employment verification letter.

WOuld this be problem to come back on Adance Parole at port of entry when RFE request is pending. Do you know what is the minimum time period given to submit for RFE reply. If it is 60 days then I would like to go.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be shorter than 60 days, and its from the day they issue it. My RFE only had 7 days left by the time I got it. Make sure someone reads your mail.

It can be shorter than 60 days, and its from the day they issue it. My RFE only had 7 days left by the time I got it. Make sure someone reads your mail.

I have signed G28 with lawyer and not revoked it. So it will go to the lawyer. What was in your case. Did you not have G28 signed & also what was RFE for.

Hi Guys,
This is typical situation and I know some people faced it. I am travelling Monday day of after tomrrow and today Friday evening I got email about my I485 that Notice request for additional evidence is mailed on Friday.

Now I am not sure what I am suppose to do. I need to go, but problem is I am not sure how much time they give for RFE to reply. I am going for 3 weeks. I am expecting this would be about Employment verification letter.

WOuld this be problem to come back on Adance Parole at port of entry when RFE request is pending. Do you know what is the minimum time period given to submit for RFE reply. If it is 60 days then I would like to go.

Thanks in advance.

hi, immi_mygc, as I see you went outside of US when your AP is pending, when you returned whether immigration officer took FP on all 10 fingers and photo (I know photo and index finger is common) because I see your FP was expired when you left; did you get 2nd FP notice before approval or the FP and photo taken while entering US? Can you please respond? I'll appreciate.

hi, immi_mygc, as I see you went outside of US when your AP is pending, when you returned whether immigration officer took FP on all 10 fingers and photo (I know photo and index finger is common) because I see your FP was expired when you left; did you get 2nd FP notice before approval or the FP and photo taken while entering US? Can you please respond? I'll appreciate.

I think you are totally misunderstood. My FP was done 2 months before tarvel. My AP was valid and it was not pending. You can not travel with AP pending. Only thing I got the RFE just before my travel day, but I still went ahead and attorney replied the RFE while I was away. When you come back show AP at Airport IO, they do not take FP. They just do some verification by taking your AP and then stamps your AP & new I94 and give it to you.

I think you are totally misunderstood. My FP was done 2 months before tarvel. My AP was valid and it was not pending. You can not travel with AP pending. Only thing I got the RFE just before my travel day, but I still went ahead and attorney replied the RFE while I was away. When you come back show AP at Airport IO, they do not take FP. They just do some verification by taking your AP and then stamps your AP & new I94 and give it to you.

thanks immi_mygc. In my case, I'm still using my H1 and never used AP and EAD; but my FP was expired on august 2008 and never received 2nd FP, but when I arrived at airport on Dec 2008 the immigration officer took all my 10 fingers FP and photo. I'm hoping the USCIS may use that as 2nd FP, reason when I called end of Dec 2008 and talk with TSC IO she told me that at this point they cannot request for 2nd FP and that implies that my case is closer to approval and I may not receive separate 2nd FP notice.
I asked you just to confirm and thanks for your response.
thanks again

thanks immi_mygc. In my case, I'm still using my H1 and never used AP and EAD; but my FP was expired on august 2008 and never received 2nd FP, but when I arrived at airport on Dec 2008 the immigration officer took all my 10 fingers FP and photo. I'm hoping the USCIS may use that as 2nd FP, reason when I called end of Dec 2008 and talk with TSC IO she told me that at this point they cannot request for 2nd FP and that implies that my case is closer to approval and I may not receive separate 2nd FP notice.
I asked you just to confirm and thanks for your response.
thanks again

That may be in your case, otherwise they do not take FP when using AP. But anyway looking into your PD, you should definitley hear very soon. Btw, did u check ur NC is cleared, it must be. Just wait, you will get soon.

That may be in your case, otherwise they do not take FP when using AP. But anyway looking into your PD, you should definitley hear very soon. Btw, did u check ur NC is cleared, it must be. Just wait, you will get soon.

Yes my NC cleared on Oct 2008; this is first time I got all fingers FPed at airport immigration; thats why I'm thinking may be that is equivalent to 2nd FP, I may be wrong.. but hoping for good news soon.