Very nice experience at Senator's office

dukhiman

Registered Users (C)
After a long long turmoil I made up my mind that I will go to the senator's office. So today I went to Senator Santorum's office. At the security guard I dial the number and told I need help on my gc application. The lady let me in. I met her, I explained her in detail about my application and my RD and that it is EB based gc. Also I did my last FP on April 2002 and it has expired for a long time. Since then I havenot heard back anything from BCIS. She wanted my and my wife's name and receipt number. I gave her, she started calling Vermont. While calling she told that they have local congressmen there who basically handles all this issues. I didnot understand this but never bothered to ask her what that means. After dialing atleast 7-8 times we were getting busy signal (my extremely bad luck). She told me that she is going to write email to the representative because she reiterated that is the right thing to do. She wanted my number and that she will give me a call back. She also gave her and her associate's visiting card. I left the office.
Friends can any of you make out what this means and when I may be hearing back from her. Also today 2 weeks passed by since I initiated status query through NCSC.:rolleyes:

Well it certainly looks warm and fuzzy. Normally they do call back in 48 hours. I would wait for 72 hours and call back before they start forgetting your face.

No news so far, nobody called at my home till today, 48 hours passed by, looks like end of the world is coming for me. Silence is killing me. Looks like my case is like a big Black Hole, no matter whatever I do that results is no outcome at all. I think Monday is a holiday, so I will try back contacting senator's office Tuesday. I will keep everybody posted.

Dukhiman,
This is very common. They might have forgotten. I had to remind my congressperson's office the first time also. Call them first thing on Monday and remind them.

Originally posted by dukhiman
No news so far, nobody called at my home till today, 48 hours passed by, looks like end of the world is coming for me. Silence is killing me. Looks like my case is like a big Black Hole, no matter whatever I do that results is no outcome at all. I think Monday is a holiday, so I will try back contacting senator's office Tuesday. I will keep everybody posted.

Got answer back from Senator's office

Just now I checked the voice message of my home phone from the Senator's office. The voice message was kept around 11.00 AM today. This said as follows. They have got the email response from Vermont. They have recvd my application as of 1/22/2002. Right now they are processing 1/15/2002. However our finger printing have expired. (Our FP1 recvd was 4/10/2002). So we will get 2nd Finger Printing notice. Vermont will directly send the 2nd FP notices and it may take upto 60 days to receive. Once I get 2nd FP notice that I need to further contact their office. Also if I have further questions I should not hesitate to call back again. So let us see what happens now. Also almost 3 weeks back I initiated a status query through NCSC. This thursday 3 weeks is going to be complete.

Little correction, after returning home, I listened it again and she was telling Vermont was processing Jan17th cases now and mine is Jan 22nd
THX

Received letter only from BCIS due to status query

Today me and my wife recvd individual letters from BCIS. I initiated a status query exactly 3 weeks and 2 days before (9/25/2003). The letter states apart from our name EAC # blah blah
"Our computer systems show that your application is still pending Service considerations. Your case was received at this Center on January 22, 2002 and we are currently processing cases that were received on January 15, 2002. Please allow 90 to 150 days to hear from this office. "
It is very clear initiating status query didnot help me at all in triggering 2nd FP. God knows what will happen to us.