Very Interesting Case!!!

I tought I told you to stay away, I really mean it, don't you comment on my thread.
Is that clear?

Haha, very funny. Did you perhaps forget this is an open forum, where anyone can comment on anything? Of course, sometimes the odd troll or two likes to pop up and make trouble, but thankfully not too often.

Hi Guys,
I am back, and for all those who want to know about the questions that my friend was asked:
He had a hard time at the airport in Haiti, since they saw that he had a new passport and an older version of the GC.
At JFK, they only asked him how long he stayed in Haiti, he replied 3 months and that was it.

even if he said that he stayed 3 months outside the country, the immigration officer will not be happy about that. it happen to me several times when i stayed 3 , 4 months.
the officer showed me my green card and he said this is called a permanent resident it s for work and live in the US and pay taxes in the US.

Hi Guys,
I am back, and for all those who want to know about the questions that my friend was asked:
He had a hard time at the airport in Haiti, since they saw that he had a new passport and an older version of the GC.
At JFK, they only asked him how long he stayed in Haiti, he replied 3 months and that was it.

Jojocow,

Thanks for lying to us again... We don't appreciate your lies though... :rolleyes:

Lying people are going to face a sword and whip... :(

Did your friend answer truthfully (i.e. was he somewhere else and then 3 months in Haiti maybe? My impression was that he's been in Haiti for many years). In any case, if he lied, then all we proved here is you can lie and get away with it if you're lucky ... at least for a while. If he lied, I sure hope he understands that it can cause a permanent ban if the USCIS ever finds out the truth. But as you said, he may have nothing to lose, and I'm assuming he must be reasonably sure he never wants to naturalize or petition for someone else.

I guess his "friend" will never naturalize... or get married and sponsor his wife for a Green Card, or parents, or children... this will come back to haunt him.

Should be receiving a letter from the IRS requesting unfiled tax returns soon. Remember "he has only been away for 3 months".

Last edited by a moderator: