• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Very important question regarding DS-230 (J1 2-year rule)

I see. I will definitely consult a lawyer.......................

Do not throw your hard earned money at them as yet. You got plenty of time, you do not have to rush.
Get your J waiver and let more 'forumites' chip in with ideas that can help you.
Send your DS 230 after you get J waiver (probably in another 3-4 months?) and opt for CP first.

And believe me during that time you can search the internet and read forums and become an 'expert' on your 'legal status and your options' and will have a much better idea on the causes and effects!!
Then you can go to a lawyer, and rather than asking him what you need to do, you will be in a position to sort of dictate to him what he needs to do for you.

Patience pays good dividends.....Good Luck !!

Do not throw your hard earned money at them as yet. You got plenty of time, you do not have to rush.
Get your J waiver and let more 'forumites' chip in with ideas that can help you.
Send your DS 230 after you get J waiver (probably in another 3-4 months?) and opt for CP first.

And believe me during that time you can search the internet and read forums and become an 'expert' on your 'legal status and your options' and will have a much better idea on the causes and effects!!
Then you can go to a lawyer, and rather than asking him what you need to do, you will be in a position to sort of dictate to him what he needs to do for you.

Patience pays good dividends.....Good Luck !!

Thank you NuvF. You're right, I must be patient and calm.

Waiver process will take 3-4 months, your're correct.

To conclude, I'm now sending DS-122, my and my wife's pictures only. After I get my waiver, if I choose to do CP, i will send DS-230 form as well. if not, i'll continue AOS.

is your previous message good for AOS to CP also? i mean, when will KCC send my file to USCIS? on the "current" month. i just want to make it sure if i decide to change AOS to CP, i'll be fine! won't i?

Dv with 212e

Thank you NuvF. You're right, I must be patient and calm.

Waiver process will take 3-4 months, your're correct.

To conclude, I'm now sending DS-122, my and my wife's pictures only. After I get my waiver, if I choose to do CP, i will send DS-230 form as well. if not, i'll continue AOS.

is your previous message good for AOS to CP also? i mean, when will KCC send my file to USCIS? on the "current" month. i just want to make it sure if i decide to change AOS to CP, i'll be fine! won't i?

Hi mike351,

I am in a similar situatiion with yours from 2010. I wonder f you would be willing to share with me your experience. Did you finally obtain the greencard? How did it go with the HRR waiver? Thank you!