Verfication about Status after getting Temporary Green Card

akshtray

Registered Users (C)
Once we receive the temporary Physical Green Card does that mean I currently have no pending Application with the BCIS? I do realize that the I-751 needs to be filed between 21-24 months of receiving the Temp. PR status but do I really have any application pending till I actually apply for removal of conditions?

I am confused about the same because after my wife and I moved (about a year after getting the temp. GC) we forgot to file the AR-11 and I-865 immediately. This was mainly because no one had really told us about the same. When I started researching more about the I-751 I realized that we did need to file the two and did so immediately.

However, we are still not sure if this is all. I am unsure basically because I read in the forums that if there is a pending application I need to file a change of Address with the Service center and not just the AR-11 with the DHS. So do I need to file anything except for what I have already filed?

Can anyone help clarify this a bit for me?

Thanks.

Thanks Joe. Appreciate your help.

I am hoping that the 6-7 month gap between moving and filing the I-865 and AR-11 doesnt hurt us in any way. I seriously do not remember seeing the address change requirement with the Green Card.

And ofcourse, I forgot to use certified mail while filing the two. We did get a receipt for the I-865 for my wife but did not get one for the AR-11. But I did notice from your (JoeF) previous posts that the AR-11 does not get a receipt.

A little over a month and a half till we file our I-751 (early march). Hope that things go good.

Thanks again.