• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Venezuela tells U.S. embassy to downsize by 80%

I was just reading about this downsize. @Britsimon How do you believe this will affect the DV cases that may have to be processed in Venezuela and the rest of Latin America?

http://news.yahoo.com/venezuela-tells-u-embassy-caracas-cut-staff-80-210916179.html

El Presidente is certainly putting the MAD in Maduro.

As to how this will affect DV cases - I don't know - but given that most selectees come from Venezuela, I would imagine this would be bad news for Venezuelans and good news for the rest of South America.

If it does become a major issue I am sure they would give Venezuelans the option to do interviews at an embassy in a neighboring country? Bogota embassy?

If it does become a major issue I am sure they would give Venezuelans the option to do interviews at an embassy in a neighboring country?

I'm sure they would - but travelling abroad might be restricted/difficult. Let's face it - we are talking about a government that makes it difficult for its citizens to even wipe their own bums.

Vero was just telling me that Venezuelans can travel, if they can afford it - so yep I suppose that would be the smart choice....

Once they can afford it they could travel to Bogota. That will be their best bet as its the closest and flights may be available. They could try to travel to Trinidad as well. The only issue with that is flight availability flights to and from Caracas are usually full months in advance in some cases 12 months because of the ones who can afford use it to get access to US Dollars because of a quirk in travel rules allowing anyone with a valid airline ticket to exchange up to $3,000 USD. Thats the only way they are allowed to buy that large some of USD. Usually the lines here at the USD ATM's in POS Airport are very long

Population in Venezuela 30 million people in Russia 145 million, 80 million in Germany. The man at the embassy? - Russian 200, Germany 20, Venezuela 100.
In Ukraine, too many people and they are not only the issuance of visas. Don't be naive.

Last edited:
Population in Venezuela 30 million people in Russia 145 million, 80 million in Germany. The man at the embassy? - Russian 200, Germany 20, Venezuela 100.
In Ukraine, too many people and they are not only the issuance of visas. Don't be naive.

Russia on the other hand have never had spies at all....

The issue here is not the spies, and what these people are doing. Why can't they assign people to the processing of the questionnaires? In The embassies instantly find unnecessary.