Vault / Priya and other Pro / Re: Maple Card

rajju

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I landed in 2000 and today the due date for me to apply for my PR card is today. What if I miss this deadline. Can I apply it on a later date and would I be able to use my landing papers till Dec 31, 2003. Is there any problem if I were to use my AP to re enter USA after applying for PR Card?

Would appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Rajju

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't be of any help in this case. I tried to look up in the net as well but couldnt find any definite source that offers alternates to your query. All i can suggest, call the PR Card hotline and ask them what alternate means they provide. They don't ask too many questions so you won't have to reveal any personal info. Just tell them you were out of the country and missed the deadline and enquire for your options.

Hope this helps.

You can apply for your PR card anytime you want. However, in order for you to re-enter Canada after Dec 31, 2003 via a commercial carrier, you need a PR card.

I am unable to answer your next query regarding AP.

Hope this helps.

rajju Chacha:

"Is there any problem if I were to use my AP to re enter USA after applying for PR Card?"

If your I-485 was filed under 245(i) and you stayed illegally in US then it can be problem but if your case is normal Employment based I-485 pending you should have no problems entering on AP. Please keep copy of I-485 filing receipt, at the time of entry to US show your AP and they may check it in BCIS computer and will stamp your AP and new I-94 as Parolee. I don’t see any problems entering with AP if the case is clear.

You applying for PR Card have nothing to do with US immigration.