1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Valid Old H1 Visa and stamping on transfered I-797 petition

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by dilip79kumar, Jan 12, 2012.

1. dilip79kumar

dilip79kumar New Member

Hi,

I have moved from employer A to employer B in july 2011 and on payroll of employer B sinc ethen. I have a H1 visa stamped on petition with employer A till Septmeber 2012. I will be going to home country Feb 2012 and come back in march 2012. I know that I need not have the visa on petition from employer B to enter US

But I prefer having the visa stamp on employer B as I will be getting the visa till June 2014. I have few questions regarding this:

1. Is there any rule which avoids Visa stamping with employer B petition in Feb 2012 when I have a valid visa with emplyer A till Sep 2012

2.If the visa stamping on petition from employer B is rejected due to any reason, can I enter US with visa from employer A

Please provide advice

Thanks in Advance,
    Dilip Kumar
  2. ginnu

ginnu Registered Users (C)

-------------------