VA I485 Filers

eggluze

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am looking for I 485 filers from VA to compare timelines in Washington DO. Just trying to find out about IL in this DO. Thanks!

Guess I would join you guys to compare time lines since we are all in the same area. This is the progress of my application (I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131) filled concurrently.

DO: Fairfax VA
ASC: Alexandria VA

03/28/2011 (Day ;00): Posted I-130,I-485,I-765 And I-131 with supporting docu.USPS priority mail
03/31/2011(Day; 03): Delivered at Chicago IL 60680 with USPS confirmation report. Waiting and Praying
04/06/2011(Day;09): Receipt 4 text messages NOA1 for all I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131. Great feeling !!
04/07/2011(Day;10): Case status Cand trackable online.All 4 applications are at INITIAL REVIEW.
04/11/2011(Day;14): Hard copies of all NOA1 received in the mail.
0414/2011(Day;17): Appointment notice for biometrics received for 05/09/2011.
04/15/2011(Day;18): Successful walk-in biometrics done. Thank God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to have people in the same area. I understand the processing time in our area is longer than most locations. If they are presently working on June 2010 filers does this mean we will be waiting for about 9 - 10 months for an interview? Does anyone have any idea?

@kacy1: Thats what my question was, too...is it really going to take us that long to get the IL? If I have time I will try to give them a call in the next couple of weeks to see how much ahead they move in that time. I wish we could find someone who filled in November or December last year to compare timelines...

eggluze....That seems so ridiculous when you look at all offices and how quickly they are processing. However, I did hear before that our office have lots of issues so unfortunately we may not be in the best location.

I know, it just doesnt make sense to have one DO for whole DC and some part of VA...And when you hear other people already being approved it gets frustrating...but all we can do is wait...I guess thats the price we pay for living where we do:)

eggluze.....Yes it is..lol. Well I look forward to receiving my EAD and advance parole card because I need to continue employment and would love to travel to my country during the summer. Does your card include the advance parole as well? It would be good to get in touch with VA filers from June 2010 through January 2011 to see how the process has gone for them. I think I will contact a local immigration lawyer to get an idea.

@ kacy1 & eggluze : I share your views, I guess it's a pain to live near DC period. It's very different on the other side of the aisle ( Va Beach) fast and easy. But I guess the demographics of northern Va and other issues account for the longer duration of our processing times. You guys are even ahead of me so, you should relax LOL !! Let's pray , hope and wish the best for all.

Kwame..... thanks and I wish you the best also! I hope it changes and happens quicker for all of us. The only thing we can do is be patient and wait. If I hear anything I will post here because I do plan to make contact with a local immigration lawyer who may have an idea how things are going.

@kacy1: I didnt apply for advance parole, I thought I will have my GC before I have to leave the country...I hope I will have it before Christmas :D I just started my new job on the EAD, it keeps me busy and less worried about the whole situation...I am kind of in the middle of VA, its 2.5h to DC and the same to Norfolk, but I am assigned to Fairfax DO. Good luck to you all...

eggluze..btw my understanding is that we may receive our interview in a timely manner BUT if we are not successful on the first interview then the DC office takes forever with the processing so lets hope this is true and we will be approved on the first interview :) Good luck to you to!

After all it's not that bad, I also learnt the same thing. That under normal circumstances we should receive our interview letters timely but if there is a mess at the first interview , then you would wait till thy kingdon come. But i hope and wish the best for us all.

03/28/2011 (Day ;00): Posted I-130,I-485,I-765 And I-131 with supporting docu.USPS priority mail
03/31/2011(Day; 03): Delivered at Chicago IL 60680 with USPS confirmation report. Waiting and Praying
04/06/2011(Day;09): Receipt 4 text messages NOA1 for all I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131. Great feeling !!
04/07/2011(Day;10): Case status can be tracked online.All 4 applications are at INITIAL REVIEW.

@kacy1 & eggluze : I'm feeling lucky, i just realised something very interesting on the steps/stages of my application status. My case status doesn't include the TESTING AND INTERVIEW step. It only highlights the following steps : Acceptance , Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision, and Card/Document Production. Currently all my status is at the initial review stage. Further reading of the application status steps explains and i quote: (Listed above are the possible steps an application or petition may go through during processing. Not every application or petition will spend time in each of these steps. Once you enter your receipt number you will see the steps that will always be required for that particular application or petition. The step in the process where your case is currently located will be highlighted. Other steps will appear if your case requires that particular step).

So from my understanding of the above , i feel i may not even be interviewed at all. That is a great feeling and it makes the process simpler and easier for me. Do any of you know anything about this ? I've heard some people get direct GC approval without interviews. What is your take ?

04/07/2011(Day;10): Case status can be tracked online.All 4 applications are at INITIAL REVIEW.

@kacy1 & eggluze : I'm feeling lucky, i just realised something very interesting on the steps/stages of my application status. My case status doesn't include the TESTING AND INTERVIEW step. It only highlights the following steps : Acceptance , Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision, and Card/Document Production. Currently all my status is at the initial review stage. Further reading of the application status steps explains and i quote: (Listed above are the possible steps an application or petition may go through during processing. Not every application or petition will spend time in each of these steps. Once you enter your receipt number you will see the steps that will always be required for that particular application or petition. The step in the process where your case is currently located will be highlighted. Other steps will appear if your case requires that particular step).

So from my understanding of the above , i feel i may not even be interviewed at all. That is a great feeling and it makes the process simpler and easier for me. Do any of you know anything about this ? I've heard some people get direct GC approval without interviews. What is your take ?

Sorry to break it to you buddy but you have to do an interview. It is part of the decision. Once they schedule an interview, your case status will move to "Testing and Interview".

@ thomkip : Thanks for the update, I was trying to be sure of the scenerio. But i do understand that some people get approved without any interview, right ?

@ thomkip : Thanks for the update, I was trying to be sure of the scenerio. But i do understand that some people get approved without any interview, right ?

Actually this can happen if people go to be and dream it, but in reality it's not likely to happen:)

@eggluze and kwame..I spoke with a local lawyer who told me I should count 4 months after the priority date which is the date on the receipt notices and that would give me an idea when I should have my interview and to expect a notice about one month prior to the appt. So my priority date is march 29 which means I should receive an interview date by the end of June and the interview in July. Of course this is not definite but it gives me some idea.

@kacy1: Thanks for the info! According to your timeline, I should be receiving IL soon! Actually, its been over 3 months after my priority date..

Also if anyone is interested, I called USCIS again yesterday, since I never received paperwork they sent me as a part of I485 application. Anyway, so I asked them to check where our DO is right now, and they have not moved a day further since last time I called (a week or so)!