• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

USCIS Website to check GC status?

Tazmania

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

there should be an USCIS website where you can check with the A-number the processing status of the GC. Anyone can provide me with the link, was not able to find it.

You can check the status of your case using the LIN# that is assigned to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys. To check the status of the case, go to the USCIS website. Right there on the home page, in the bottom right hand corner, there's a space where you can enter the number and it'll give you a very basic status of your case. It's not always updated or accurate, though, so keep that in mind. Sometimes your case may be moving forward, but the online status will not indicate this.

You cannot track your status until you receive the welcome letter after you have activated the greencard. On the letter there is a receipt number that you can type in on the USCIS website.

You cannot track your status until you receive the welcome letter after you have activated the greencard. On the letter there is a receipt number that you can type in on the USCIS website.

After activating the GC? What do you mean? You can check with your notification letter that has your priority date.

Once you have your initial notice of action with your case number, you can track it on the uscis website (sometimes a week or so after you receive the letter in some cases). If you create an account on the uscis webiste, and add your case to the account, you can get a better idea of when things are being processed behind the scenes, as you get a date of last update. Sometimes even when the case status is still the same, the last update date changes when something is taking place.