USCIS Web site showing 485 Approved.

LaborUnknown

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Although I'm not to this thread and some people already know me.

Just want to update the forum that USCIS web site says my 485 approved on May 24th, Although I've not received the approval notice.

My 140 got approved on 19th April.

But I''ve some question to this forum , What's now after 485 approved. ?

How to get the passport stamped. ?
And what all they need when I will go Passport Stamping. ?

Please note :

I don't have the driving License from the state where I'm living now and where I Finger Printed; But I will try to change the Driving License.

How long does it take to get the card now a days..?

Below is all my detail

Labor started PD ==> 13th Feb'02.
Labor Approved ==> 1st week of Dec 2004.
140/485 applied ==> 17th Dec. 2004.
140 RFE ==> March 2nd week.
140 RFE Replied ==> April 2nd week.
140 Approved ==> April 19th.
FP ==> May 14th.
Showing 485 Approved ==> 24th May.

Thanks

That's awesome! I guess you can make an infopass appoinment for stamping since the notice is probably on its way.

congratulations!

wheresmygc

did you give ur fingerprints?
I am in a similar situation with TSC. I applied for my I485 in Sep 2002 and it showed approved by Oct, 2002 eventhough I never gave fingerprints. Never got the approval letter.

When my lawyers called, they said its just a glicth in online system and the cases are not actually approved.

I gave my fingerprints aug 2004, and I am still waiting for approval...looks like waiting on FBI name checks..

good luck for u....

kris_t100 said:
did you give ur fingerprints?
I am in a similar situation with TSC. I applied for my I485 in Sep 2002 and it showed approved by Oct, 2002 eventhough I never gave fingerprints. Never got the approval letter.

When my lawyers called, they said its just a glicth in online system and the cases are not actually approved.

I gave my fingerprints aug 2004, and I am still waiting for approval...looks like waiting on FBI name checks..

good luck for u....

Wow, never heard of that one before...so even if it says that it is approved, it could mean that it is not? ouch...talk about giving false hopes!This is all confusing to me, i guess computers are really taking over (glitches!) :D

LaborUnknown, i hope what you got is a real approval! but let us know about the FP, if it was done or not, i assumed everything with you was done.

wheresmygc

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing as kris_t100... Lawyer inquired, got RFE for EVL. REsponded to it a week back... keeping my fingers crossed...

Shrek

For kris_t100 !!

Please see my details there ..

It is mentioned that I gave Finger Print on 14th May 2005.

And I also called FBI regarding that, The lady told me that they send the Finger Printing status to INS on the same day.

First I got three e-mails about the case and then I also check online and also find out by calling the 800 number mentioned there; All three of them are saying Approved....

I can not say anything now except to wait

Thanks

good luck, LaborUnknown. I believe it is a real approval. You can make infopass appointment to get your pp stamping. Enjoy your freedom. :)

Did you receive your approval??

LaborUnknown said:
Hi All,

Although I'm not to this thread and some people already know me.

Just want to update the forum that USCIS web site says my 485 approved on May 24th, Although I've not received the approval notice.

My 140 got approved on 19th April.

But I''ve some question to this forum , What's now after 485 approved. ?

How to get the passport stamped. ?
And what all they need when I will go Passport Stamping. ?

Please note :

I don't have the driving License from the state where I'm living now and where I Finger Printed; But I will try to change the Driving License.

How long does it take to get the card now a days..?

Below is all my detail

Labor started PD ==> 13th Feb'02.
Labor Approved ==> 1st week of Dec 2004.
140/485 applied ==> 17th Dec. 2004.
140 RFE ==> March 2nd week.
140 RFE Replied ==> April 2nd week.
140 Approved ==> April 19th.
FP ==> May 14th.
Showing 485 Approved ==> 24th May.

Thanks

LaborUnknown, Can you please update me when you get approval letter in mail. I checked my mail box today and I haven't recieved my approval letter yet. The reason is my approval is also on the same day as yours, and I am in strange situation that my 140 is stll pending.

For gcaaa111 !!

Sure, I will update the forum if I will receive it by mail.

My 140 got approved in April 19th and I also have the 140 approval copy.

But I'm not sure about 485 whether I or my lawywer is gonna to receive the approval notice.

As per my Lawyer, They are gonna to receive it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

I just got the e-mail from my Lawyer that they have received the Approval Notice.

labornc,
My case was EB3.

Thanks

LaborUnknown

LaborUnknown said:
All,

I just got the e-mail from my Lawyer that they have received the Approval Notice.

labornc,
My case was EB3.

Thanks

Congrats, What Status, does the USCIS website show for your 485?

For BanglaBabu !!

BanglaBabu,

It is showing the case has been approved.

I also got the 485 approval notice and one is received by the Lawyer.

Thanks

received 485 approval copy in mail

Yesterday me and my attorney both received the 485 approval in mail.

Labourunknown, Can you update me how you are taking inforpass appointment?

Wonder how INS violates this country basic rules ?

I always wonder how INS or uscis do this unethical thing. In this Country (yes USA ) every where whether Post Office, Mall cash counter or even Grocery shop people follow Queues. If just go from side and ask some question to counter associate , every person in the queue will stare you like wolf. Even the counter associate will not entertain your question forget about any way bypassing the lane. Here in INS I know some one gets green card in 7 months and someone in 4 years. Do they know that it’s just outrageous? The example I given is for convincing the gravity. In post office it will not be more then couple of minutes if you cross the queue and nobody appreciates and here INS plays with years and month. Simply outrageous.

For gcaaa111 !!

For Infopass appointment I went to the USCIS web site and there on the top
you will find the Infopass appointment link, go there and have an appointment scheduled for yourself and spouse.

Thanks

3 questions to my friends on this forum. To begin website shows my 485 is approved.

1. When i am going to receive this approval notice ?
2. Can i make infopass appointment before i receive the approval letter ?
3. What is the url for making inforpass appointment. By the way i am Atlanta.