USCIS Philadelphia

papa_gaai

My interview is set for next week. Has anyone gone through the same recently? I'm specifically looking for info around:

* Did you have to produce the cancelled cheque for N-400 payment?
* Was your Oath of Allegiance done the same day - if not, how long afterwards?
* If you're from Delaware, are Oath Ceremonies available there?

Appreciate your help
Thanks
Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the interview in Philadelphia last year which is not exactly recent but I hope I can help.

1) I don't see why you would need that. Just the fact that they have processed your application and called you for an interview means that your payment was received.

2) Philadelphia does not offer same day oath. You will get another letter inviting you to an oath ceremony which will be held a month or more after your interview.

3) People from Delaware do get to participate in oaths held in DE (although some people from DE did get invited to the oath held in Philadelphia). In general you may be in for a longer wait if you are taking your oath in DE because the oath ceremonies in DE are less frequent. But it all depends on the timing and you may get lucky and not see any impact because of this.

Good luck !

-KM

my interview today

Hi - I had my interview in Philly today. Basically we showed up exactly 10 min before our appt. There is a security check before you enter the building. You then go into the 2nd floor and give the receptionist your appt letter. waited for about 30 min before I was called. What is weird is that even though me and my wife filed together, we had separate interviews. The officer was very curt I felt. Went through the N400 (made a big deal for the traffic accident i had 10 years back).. then gave me the test (which was written). I passed the interview though. She had no idea when the oath would take place... Going by the folks in the other forums, it is about 4-5 weeks..

The only docs I needed was my passport, GC, court disposition, (no need for cancelled check)

good luck