USCIS name check clearance inquiry

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
Can you yourself call the USCIS customer servive 1800 line and find out if your name is cleared by the FBI and the USCIS customer service rep. can tell you YES or NO?

I believe unless u talk directly to Service center. 800 ppl sound have limited access / not authorized to disclose detailed info directly to applicant.

You may try calling service center directly to find it about.

Just use ur service center name/receipt isntead of TSC.

method to follow to talk with TSC direct.

use 800 to find status.
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for SRC #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Press 3 or 4 when it says u have file Multiple applicaiton, by selecting this option u will be connected with TSC.

(if u find any error after SRC input, use any other SRC like EAD etc)

Once connected give TSC-opt to ur 485 src..
---------------------------------------------------------

more helpful info u may read

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

Few ppl sent snail mail and got reply, u may try

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Room 11703
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

FOIA

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf
FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address..
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Sum Total of Useful Links
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm
http://www.house.gov/science/hearings/full04/feb25/garrity.pdf
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl48639866d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&selm=Es7Lb.85895%24I07.420177%40attbi_s53 _(Search google groups for
postings by aurora for name check info)

http://www.immigration.com/faq/uscitizen.html#219
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8181
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10678

------------------------------------------------

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information on how to check on FBI name check clearance. I sent an email to one of my US senators 2 weeks ago asking for help in checking for FBI name check clearance. I just received a response a few minutes ago saying that both my and my wife's names have been cleared by the FBI. Seems like contacting Congressmen is the way to go in getting this information.

bjorn,

What is your timeline? When did you send your I-485? What information did you provide to your senator, so that he could check the status of your name check?

I wonder if the name check only starts after we go for our biometrics because when I did mine they asked me for all the different spellings of my name, and they entered them on the screen! I'm thinking I should wait for my wife to do her biometrics first and then ask the senators help. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Can you please email me the format of sending email or snail mail to FBI.
Please also let me know the format for contacting US Senators or congressman.

situn said:
Can you please email me the format of sending email or snail mail to FBI.
Please also let me know the format for contacting US Senators or congressman.

Only send through regular USPS mail.

---------- change as u like make words more polite I am just giving u generic -----------------

you may send any/both of following seperatly.

-----------------
To
Chief Incharge/ Supervisor , Records Management Division
935 Pennsylvania Ave N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001
------------------

Or

----------------------
To,
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
935 Pennsylvania Ave N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001
-----------------

Dated:

Subject: Request for Name Check Status.

Dear Sir,

My immigration petition of I-485 ‘Adjustment of Status’ is in pending with USCIS. I am sending this request, please provide me my name check status.

My detail info is following.

Your First Name
Last Name
Alien #
Date of birth
Address
Phone/cell
email

If you have any question please feel free to contact <your name and cell>

Looking forward from you.

Sincerly

<Your Name>

ur signature

Ur Address
phone
email
-----------------------------------------

I submitted my I-485 concurrently with my I-140 on 8/31/05. My I-140 was approved within a few days, as were my AP and EAD. My FP were taken 10/4/05 and cleared 10/11/05. Did biometrics 10/4/05 as well. All I sent to the senator was a plea for assistance to look into my name check if it has cleared and for my senator to check with the USCIS when my case will be adjudicated. The senator's staff did just that and confirmed my FBI name check clearance and that my case will be adjudicated within a "few weeks" and for me to contact this certain senator staff person if I am not processed within a "few weeks" so the senator's office can contact the USCIS once again on my behalf. They were extremely helpful and did the USCIS inquiry within 10 days of my sending my e-mail to the senator. I have no format for my senator's email, but just provided my name (first and last) and my mailing address and asked for assistance in name check clearance and the USCIS adjudication process. I did not even give them my receipt number, so I'm guessing that a senator's office can retrive the information they need based on only my name and address. My understanding is that the name check starts when the USCIS receives the I-485.

Man, You are way going too fast. Good for you.

We have been waiting here for 2-3 years.

Did senator office say anything for querying about name check within few weeks of applying?

Anyway, good for you.

bjorn said:
I submitted my I-485 concurrently with my I-140 on 8/31/05. My I-140 was approved within a few days, as were my AP and EAD. My FP were taken 10/4/05 and cleared 10/11/05. Did biometrics 10/4/05 as well. All I sent to the senator was a plea for assistance to look into my name check if it has cleared and for my senator to check with the USCIS when my case will be adjudicated. The senator's staff did just that and confirmed my FBI name check clearance and that my case will be adjudicated within a "few weeks" and for me to contact this certain senator staff person if I am not processed within a "few weeks" so the senator's office can contact the USCIS once again on my behalf. They were extremely helpful and did the USCIS inquiry within 10 days of my sending my e-mail to the senator. I have no format for my senator's email, but just provided my name (first and last) and my mailing address and asked for assistance in name check clearance and the USCIS adjudication process. I did not even give them my receipt number, so I'm guessing that a senator's office can retrive the information they need based on only my name and address. My understanding is that the name check starts when the USCIS receives the I-485.

The senator's office mentioned nothing about doing the inquiry only a few weeks after my applicatino submissions. In their response to me they said they were happy to help me anyway they could and emphasized that they will inquiry again if/when I ask them too. I just sent the e-mail directly to the senator, and 10 days later I received a response from a senator staff member that the senator's office already had called to confirm my name being cleared and that my case is on a USCIS officer's desk for final review that will take place "shortly" and definitely within "a few weeks". Granted, I live in a small state where there is not much immigration whatsoever, so the senator probably does not get many of these e-mails asking for immigration assistance, so the few letters they get asking for immigration help they assist with.

bjorn said:
The senator's office mentioned nothing about doing the inquiry only a few weeks after my applicatino submissions. In their response to me they said they were happy to help me anyway they could and emphasized that they will inquiry again if/when I ask them too. I just sent the e-mail directly to the senator, and 10 days later I received a response from a senator staff member that the senator's office already had called to confirm my name being cleared and that my case is on a USCIS officer's desk for final review that will take place "shortly" and definitely within "a few weeks". Granted, I live in a small state where there is not much immigration whatsoever, so the senator probably does not get many of these e-mails asking for immigration assistance, so the few letters they get asking for immigration help they assist with.

Bjorn:

good to see you here :D I am happy you got that cleared. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I find out who my senator is, and his email address?

Are you in PA by any chance?

bjorn said:
anxious-one
I know who my US senators are as they are highly visible in my state. Since you mentioned PA, I assume you are in pennsylvania. Go on the US senate website and everything you need to know is there. Below link is for the 2 PA senators webforms that you use to send an e-mail through fill-in forms. Simple as can be. Goive it a shot. You have nothing to lose.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=PA

Thanks, Bjorn. Yes, I am in Philly. Will give it a shot.