USCIS lies

zaraza

Registered Users (C)
What do you do when you know that USCIS lies? The fact of name check completion was confirmed by 2 independent sources, one of them - my state senator's liaison with Immigration services, they confirmed it 2 weeks ago. However, yesterday we received the answer to the written request on the status of the case from Dec-16, it is a poorly copied piece of paper with "Your case is pending background checks outside of this office...blah-blah-blah" underlined. Interview is done, FBI checks are done, any suggestions how to battle them? I am going to schedule an appointment with the senator's office help again but what do I ask them to do for me? What are their tools, strategies that I can suggest? Contacting the clerk that was interviewing? He is the one who is supposed to process the case and to whom we wrote the request (some other signature, totally unintelligible, is on the answer).

zaraza said:
What do you do when you know that USCIS lies? The fact of name check completion was confirmed by 2 independent sources, one of them - my state senator's liaison with Immigration services, they confirmed it 2 weeks ago. However, yesterday we received the answer to the written request on the status of the case from Dec-16, it is a poorly copied piece of paper with "Your case is pending background checks outside of this office...blah-blah-blah" underlined. Interview is done, FBI checks are done, any suggestions how to battle them? I am going to schedule an appointment with the senator's office help again but what do I ask them to do for me? What are their tools, strategies that I can suggest? Contacting the clerk that was interviewing? He is the one who is supposed to process the case and to whom we wrote the request (some other signature, totally unintelligible, is on the answer).
I would say, simply, take the answer you got from the senators lisasion office that shows that completion of the name check and then show it to the immigration officers.
If they wouldn't give you any clear answer to what's going on, then ask to speak to a supervisor, as leaving without a definite answer could mean that your file has been lost and they are just trying to save their face!

The wait could last for months if not years!!

Good luck and keep us updated!

:)
sONy

It does take about 3 weeks to get the completed Name Check status reflected in USCIS computers ... I would give it a month from when the NC was completed and check then. Also, if your Senator had pull with the FBI they may also have pull with the USCIS - I would definitely talk to the Senator as well - it's the same case anyway.

Thank you for your answer.The name check has been completed on Nov 10, and the senator's office confirmed with USCIS that they received it 2 weeks ago, but our written request from Dec-16 received the "background checks pending" so there is a dscrepancy between what USCIS is telling our senator's office and us. I am wondering why? And as for Senator's help I was wondering what could be a way to communicate with USCIS in the most efficient way that somebody used.

wafr said:
It does take about 3 weeks to get the completed Name Check status reflected in USCIS computers ... I would give it a month from when the NC was completed and check then. Also, if your Senator had pull with the FBI they may also have pull with the USCIS - I would definitely talk to the Senator as well - it's the same case anyway.

Thank you, Sony, it is a good idea to use the written confirmation from the Senator's office. And as I understand you are talking about InfoPass? Last time we spoke to an officer in Phila DO, he tried to convince us that for a background checks USCIS sends a requests to each person's native embassy and waits for a response: "You know, embassies do not respond very promptly". I just loved this answer :).

sony55 said:
I would say, simply, take the answer you got from the senators lisasion office that shows that completion of the name check and then show it to the immigration officers.
If they wouldn't give you any clear answer to what's going on, then ask to speak to a supervisor, as leaving without a definite answer could mean that your file has been lost and they are just trying to save their face!

The wait could last for months if not years!!

Good luck and keep us updated!

:)
sONy

Verification from the embassy is becoming a common thing. My name check was stuck too and has been cleared however the Local embassy /consulate is checking on the refernces or my background in my country.
This I came to know through people who have been contacted.
When your name is a hit the USCIs is taking this extra bit review.
Thats what I got from the officer who took my interview
case is under "additional review" and "verification". later I came to know what that was. I am waiting now becuase of retro and hopeful that once this addtional review is over and pririty dates progress my case should be done.

zaraza said:
Thank you, Sony, it is a good idea to use the written confirmation from the Senator's office. And as I understand you are talking about InfoPass? Last time we spoke to an officer in Phila DO, he tried to convince us that for a background checks USCIS sends a requests to each person's native embassy and waits for a response: "You know, embassies do not respond very promptly". I just loved this answer :).

Are you serious? They contact the embassy? With Russian consulate alone it can take FOREVER, it's a bummer! You mean the consulate personnel actualy confirmed it? And what it "retro"?
When you are saying that "the officer ...took my interview
case under "additional review" and "verification", does it mean that he told you that at your interview?

Al_aos said:
Verification from the embassy is becoming a common thing. My name check was stuck too and has been cleared however the Local embassy /consulate is checking on the refernces or my background in my country.
This I came to know through people who have been contacted.
When your name is a hit the USCIs is taking this extra bit review.
Thats what I got from the officer who took my interview
case is under "additional review" and "verification". later I came to know what that was. I am waiting now becuase of retro and hopeful that once this addtional review is over and pririty dates progress my case should be done.

He didnt tell me at the time of interview. He said Back ground check from yuor country. At that time I assumed FBI name check .I enquired a few months later and then got this info.
The consulate hasnt confirmed anything.I havnt even checked with them.

Retro = retrogression

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks if your name check has been pending for more than 1 and a half years. Do what I did.

Everyone, here is the Mandamus that I served yesterday to FBI, DHS and USCIS. The clerk told me to make 4 sets, 1 for the Judge, send one to DHS and USCIS all in one filing, the next one to the FBI i.e Alberto Gonzales and then the last one to the disctricts US Disctrict Attorney (don't ask why)

https://www.wazzuptech.com/I485Mandamus.doc

One thing though. Make your case air tight. Also there is a link that you might want to look at

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0497.xml

This is going to be my next step.

Also what was finally decided about the HR 4437 ? Reason I ask this is becasue all you are planning to do will be moot as that Bill is very dangerous and can mess all legal immigrants and there will be no judicial support if that goes thru ?

zaraza said:

Hi zaraza,

My DO is philly too. The officer(HE) told me the exactly thing about oversea checking and they couldn't set up my IV date until alll the checking are finished. I am from China, what country are you came from?

"what country are you came from?"

"What" ain't no country I ever heard of...... they speak English in "what"?

Sorry - couldn't resist :)

"what country are you came from"
Inspite of the above sentence being Dramatically and grammatically wrong, it still makes sense.
How ever you have failed to understand the meaning completely The poster in no way makes a reference to "what" being a country.

Sorry couldn't resist :)

kunqimei said:
Hi zaraza,

My DO is philly too. The officer(HE) told me the exactly thing about oversea checking and they couldn't set up my IV date until alll the checking are finished. I am from China, what country are you came from?
Russia. But despite of the fact that you've been told the same thing as well as other people, I really do not believe them, it just seems to be illogical to request information of such sort from embassies. What I know is that
1. Russian Embassy would not cooperate without a fee paid :), I doubt that USCIS is ready to pay any additional fees without increasing application fee first;
2. They just do not have resources to provide this type of information.
The exchange of our passports takes several months because they send a request for permission to exchange a passport overseas, back to Moscow (I do not even know who gives this sort of permission)

Its not the russian embassy they are requesting information from.
Its the American Embassy or consulate in the respective country the information is requested from.

Al_aos said:
Its the American Embassy or consulate in the respective country the information is requested from.

You're right and read this paragraph:

"Since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, we have seen significant changes in security checks, immigration procedures, and visa processing. These changes have included the implementation of several systems by the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and the Department of State (“DOS”) to keep track of foreign nationals entering the U.S. for temporary visits or for longer periods of time. These additional security checks at airports, borders, consulates, and within the United States, will continue for many years to come.

Source: http://www.faegre.com/articles/article_1513.aspx

I think overseas US embassy checks are mean to cover the missing security check in the AOS process. Those who get their green cards through consular processing have to provide local police clearance to the overseas US embassy. On the other hand those who go the CP route miss out on the FBI finger printing check. So at the citizenship all candidates are cleared for both FBI and overseas police checks. The additional verification" checks now make sense to me.

brb2 said:
I think overseas US embassy checks are mean to cover the missing security check in the AOS process. Those who get their green cards through consular processing have to provide local police clearance to the overseas US embassy. On the other hand those who go the CP route miss out on the FBI finger printing check. So at the citizenship all candidates are cleared for both FBI and overseas police checks. The additional verification" checks now make sense to me.

Do you think that USCIS is fixing the US Embassy mistake for missing a complete security check during the AOS process?

I got my GC through consular processing and I had to provide local police clearance and I did not have finger printing check at that time. (I read somewhere that they do biometrics/fingerprint now). However, when I arrived here with that "famous brown envelope" sealed by the Consulate with all my documents, I had to give it to the immigration and I never more came back to my origin country.

So, my question is: If my name was cleared a couple of years ago by providing the police affidavit during the Consular Processing and having my name clean in the US, do you think they still send any request for background inquiry to the US Embassy/Consulate overseas just for a double check?

Al_aos said:

Why would they in my husband's case? He got his GC here, in US, and has not not been to US embassy in Russia since 1991. So what would they request embassy to provide? It still does not make any sense to me.

PP4U said:
You're right and read this paragraph:

"Since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, we have seen significant changes in security checks, immigration procedures, and visa processing. These changes have included the implementation of several systems by the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and the Department of State (“DOS”) to keep track of foreign nationals entering the U.S. for temporary visits or for longer periods of time. These additional security checks at airports, borders, consulates, and within the United States, will continue for many years to come.

Source: http://www.faegre.com/articles/article_1513.aspx

All of that sounds to me as the checks upon entering US after 9/11/2001 not checks done by US embassies for USCIS upon people who have been in US for years and years prior to applying for citizenship.
How do you think these police checks should be performed? US embassy in whatever country sends a request to a local police department of a place where a foreign national lived n years ago? There is still something wrong with this picture. At least I cannot place my motherland in this picture :), Local police department is answering US embassy, nonsense :). They might be requesting an original file of an applicant from the embassy, this I could believe, but still the file was with USCIS/INS from the the very first day of my husband's coming to US, at least the paper file shown to my husband once contained his original papers from 1991.

I think the local embassy or Consulate contacts oir hires agencies to check on your previous emplyment history to establish that the identity you are potraying is the one you always had.
Otherwise my guess is as good as yours as to why they would doit for me or you who are already present in the US for a period of time.
But its the govt and it can do anything and everythign to make sure that the citizens are safe however stupid or irrational it may seem to all