USCIS is planning to stop Interim EAD

guldukan

Registered Users (C)
refer to this article http://www.murthy.com/news/n_06conf.html

these guys are saying in so many words we just don't want make it so hard for LEGAL immigrants either they become illeagal or just get the hell out of this country

it does'nt make any sense, I am in my fourth EAD and planning to apply for 5th one,

did I mention I almost lost of my job because USCIS messed up my AP, itz not even funny anymore

Bad news for us ..

guldukan said:
refer to this article http://www.murthy.com/news/n_06conf.html

these guys are saying in so many words we just don't want make it so hard for LEGAL immigrants either they become illeagal or just get the hell out of this country

it does'nt make any sense, I am in my fourth EAD and planning to apply for 5th one,

did I mention I almost lost of my job because USCIS messed up my AP, itz not even funny anymore

This is defenitely bad news because the USCIS is notorious for losing/delaying EAD applications and now we do not even have the recourse of going to the local office and getting an interim EAD.

The only way out for us is to apply exactly 90 days before the EAD expires. This gives the USCIS 3 months to approve our case. The other problem is that a lot of service centers have begun approving EADs on the day that they process them rather than the date of expiration of the exisiting EAD. I lost 3 months last time and will probably do so again this year.

I can't believe I will be applying for my 4th EAD this year. I never thought it would come to this.

regards,

saras

Me too. It is hard to believe that an organization can be all that unreasonable. My original EAD expired April 2006. I applied to a renewal well in advance and now my expiration date is on Feb 2007. That means I have to apply for a renewal as early as November 2006 !!!

saras76 said:
This is defenitely bad news because the USCIS is notorious for losing/delaying EAD applications and now we do not even have the recourse of going to the local office and getting an interim EAD.

The only way out for us is to apply exactly 90 days before the EAD expires. This gives the USCIS 3 months to approve our case. The other problem is that a lot of service centers have begun approving EADs on the day that they process them rather than the date of expiration of the exisiting EAD. I lost 3 months last time and will probably do so again this year.

I can't believe I will be applying for my 4th EAD this year. I never thought it would come to this.

regards,

saras

The Ombudsman report reccomened that the EAD not expire going forward to avoid the duplication of work... Hopefully for you guys that will come true.

Do you really think The Ombudsman report means anything to USCIS ? I doubt.

someitguy said:
The Ombudsman report reccomened that the EAD not expire going forward to avoid the duplication of work... Hopefully for you guys that will come true.

someitguy said:

Hi someitguy,

can you post the link? I do not understand what you said.

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf
It's a long bit of reading, but chock full of information about planned and proposed changes.

marlon2006 said:
Do you really think The Ombudsman report means anything to USCIS ? I doubt.
Well, I'm sure all of the proposed changes will not be done, however if you pour over the report, you'll find all of the suggestions that were implemented so far.

Hopefully some of the more robust changes will take place, including an IT overhaul that will get all the necessary 'evils' all on the same system. That would truely be a Godsend IMHO because thats one of the biggest contributing factors to delays. That and the blaringly obvious statements in the report of how underfunded they are. Anyway, as will all DHS and USCIS paraphernalia, take it with a grain of salt :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now everyone should be scared and go for premium processing of EAD. Thats what the government wants. more ways to make money.

I would have gone that route if it was available I suppose, just to avoid the wait. I'm sure they are counting on everyone thinking the same way.

If they implement the DORA program everywhere, it won't be necessary.

Same boat.

I am in the boat as the rest of you guys, applied EAD at the Nebraska service center and lost 3 months.
My freind recently applied his EAD in Texas center and he got his new EAD from the data of expiry. Good for him !!
Hope other service centers will start doing this soon !