USCIS has increased the validity period for EAD for asylum applicants from one year to two years.

Asylum seeker

Registered Users (C)
Good news.
Effective October 5, 2016, USCIS has increased the validity period for initial or renewal Employment Authorization Documents for asylum applicants from one year to two years. Applicants with pending asylum claims file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, under category (c)(8). This change applies to all (c)(8)-based applications that are pending as of October 5, 2016 and all such applications filed on or after October 5, 2016.

Asylum seeker Great news and thanks for sharing please can you share the link. I just applied for a renewal of my permit this month (October) pending asylum interview does that mean u would get 2 years?

my 2nd renewal is coming up in january. i am glad to hear that the new $410 fee will be good for two years!!!

thanks for the info.

my 2nd renewal is coming up in january. i am glad to hear that the new $410 fee will be good for two years!!!

thanks for the info.

I have another 30 days to apply for my new ead. does it take more then 60 days for 2ND renewal?

Nice. Now they just have to extend the validity of an RTD to five years and charge the same as the cost of a US passport like other countries do.

Thanks for your response@CWH

With the new 180 extended days foe EAD I feel the presents of God
my current ead will expire on 04/07 and i just mail out the documents today. i know i am late this time and will not have the renewal card in time , but what do you mean 180 extended days? i am getting worried i will be in trouble this year when my current ead expires :(

Nice. Now they just have to extend the validity of an RTD to five years and charge the same as the cost of a US passport like other countries do.

I applied RTD about end of July 2016, I have not heard from USCIS . I wish they can streamline RTD processing like Passports.

my current ead will expire on 04/07 and i just mail out the documents today. i know i am late this time and will not have the renewal card in time , but what do you mean 180 extended days? i am getting worried i will be in trouble this year when my current ead expires :(
now i know what 180 extended days mean! yes, it's godsend!

now i know what 180 extended days mean! yes, it's godsend!
I got the same expiry date too as yours. but no money to renew yet. I will send for renew next month. as it says in the program that it has to be send for renew to use the 180 days. Good Luck and if you have been an employees give a copy to your employer.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/I-9 Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf

I got the same expiry date too as yours. but no money to renew yet. I will send for renew next month. as it says in the program that it has to be send for renew to use the 180 days. Good Luck and if you have been an employees give a copy to your employer.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/I-9 Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf
i completely under stand what you meant. i kept delaying because i did not have money to renew. if i had learned about the 180 extension, i would not have filed the renewal.

good luck to you!