USCIS Error in I-130 approval notice!

kyaku

Registered Users (C)
I have got two problems. Both my I-130 and I-129F have been approved at the same time. I had expected the I-129F to be approved first so I could begin the K-3 process for my wife. NVC has sent a notice to the embassy to send my wife details for the K-3 process. But, from reading on the internet I understand that since the I-130 was approved she cannot get a K-3 visa. Another problem is that whereas on the I-130 I clearly indicated that my wife was abroad and would be seeking a visa abroad, the approval notice says she is in the U.S. and can now do Adjustment of status. I called the USCIS toll free number and they told me to fax the California service center to report the error, and I did yesterday but have not yet heard back. Please, does anyone have ideas about how best to resolve my K-3 dilemma and the error regarding the I-130 approval notice? Please, help!

Hi,
could you please let us know how long it took for you to get the FReceipt Notice? Is it from CSC?

kyaku said:
I called the USCIS toll free number and they told me to fax the California service center to report the error, and I did yesterday but have not yet heard back.
You can't be serious. You faxed a letter to CSC yesterday, and you are expecting results in one day? You have to learn about patience in dealing with USCIS.

You may need to file I-824 to get the I-130 forwarded to National Visa Center for consular processing.

Hi,
could you please let us know how long it took for you to get the FReceipt Notice? Is it from CSC?

I sent the petitions to Texas then they were routed to California. 1-130 was received at USCIS November 28th and they notified me of approval on April 10th. The I129F was received at USCIS December 20 and I was notified of approval on April 10th.

You can't be serious. You faxed a letter to CSC yesterday, and you are expecting results in one day? You have to learn about patience in dealing with USCIS.

You may need to file I-824 to get the I-130 forwarded to National Visa Center for consular processing.

Thanks for your response. According to the USCIS website, if they make a mistake of consequence then it qualifies as an emergency. I have got the California service emergency phone number and will call first thing Monday. Will let you know if I make any progress.