USCIS decision waiting time too long -help

wadi

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I am new on this forum and would highly appreciate your input. I received the favorable recommendation letter from DOS on the 24th of June and since then I've been waiting for the USCIS decision( Vermont Center). My case is based on NO OBJECTION. I got the tracking number from the Service Center but the status is not changing since then. Having already a job offer I desperately need the waiver in order to apply for the visa. Please advise what could I do?
What does the USCIS notice letter say, since I never got it?
Is the timeframe posted on USCIS web page real? If so, do I need to wait 5 months?
Thank you for your feedback.

Wadi

Hey read this from my posting. You can call uscis and track the thing. You will be able to find it out soon if you use following method. It is difficult to track the things at the USCIS without the receipt number. I tried to call USCIS to get the number. After trying 10 times the officers will transfer you to a second level officer who told me the receipt number. Remember to tell them to look into the database of I 612 forms. The officer told me that the DS3035 gets converted into I612 when it reaches USCIS. I got receipt number on 25th June. Though the favorable recommendation is addressed to Nebraska service center the processing of the case takes place at Vermont service center.

I started following the receipt number and created an account for the email updates. For following up with USCIS call on 18003755283 and then press 1226221. Tell them that you haven't received the receipt and the favorable recommendation was sent by DOS to USCIS 2 months back. Half the officers dont have idea about this procedure.

On 30 th June I received an update that my approval letter has been mailed on 28 th. The last update date column showed the date to be 07/01/2008 which means that this is the date on which they printed the letter and sent it to the mail section of the USCIS vermont service center. After this there was long wait. I got the approval letter on 10th of July 2008 and the letter was stamped on 7th of July. Which means that the USCIS usually mails the letters on next working Monday after the last update date. So now I am no longer subject to the 2 year home residency requirement rule.

Dear All,

I am new on this forum and would highly appreciate your input. I received the favorable recommendation letter from DOS on the 24th of June and since then I've been waiting for the USCIS decision( Vermont Center). My case is based on NO OBJECTION. I got the tracking number from the Service Center but the status is not changing since then. Having already a job offer I desperately need the waiver in order to apply for the visa. Please advise what could I do?
What does the USCIS notice letter say, since I never got it?
Is the timeframe posted on USCIS web page real? If so, do I need to wait 5 months?
Thank you for your feedback.

Wadi

Mine was ~5.5 months after favorable recommedation