USCIS Blunders...Please Help!

smile_all

Registered Users (C)
Recently USCIS issued a notice stating that my 485 petition is 'Administratively Closed' as of 07/13/2006.

This is a major error on USCIS part to indicate that my 485 is closed. It is evident from the case progress details that there has been activity on the 485 case even after 07/13/2006, please refer the enclosed case progress. This shows that 485 is active and cannot have been closed. However their system is now showing contradictory status that it is closed.

The closing of my 485 in this manner without issuing any RFEs or relevant notices or any particular reason is an unexplained behavior. To close the petitions abruptly in the middle of processing and deserting an applicant with no chance of responding is not acceptable. One of the status messages provided by the USCIS to the Congress Women’s office also shows that they are attaching my 485 to an incorrect and invalid information,

I request to help me in clearing this issue immediately as USCIS has put me in this absolutely helpless situation without any channels to point out their error and rectify it.

My Attorney and CongressWomens office are actively sending inquiries and USCIS is absolutely unresponsive and whenever they are responding they are again referring my 485 to incorrect information and when questioned on its invalidity they say they will look into it and not to inquire for 30 days, these repeated 30 days is not helping my situation and I am running out of time.

My Attorney says she is also helpless as the USCIS themselves has no idea on who/how this case was messed up in the first place and says she cant do anything but keep sending request to rectify it. She cannot even Appeal as we never received any Denial Notice or Notice of Intent to Deny or any RFEs or any other reason. I guess when they dont know what to do they 'Administratively Close' it. Note: My case is not denied it is 'Administratively Closed'.

My Congreess Womens office also says they can only inquire and request for clarifications.

Based on all this they are now not approving my EAD/AP renewals.(THIS IS THE MAIN SHOW STOPPER FOR ME).

Can any one here help!!..Any suggestions/advices ...Attorney?/Channels?...

--------------------------
140/485 RD: Dec 30 2004
140/485 ND: Jan 11 2005
140/485 RFE for both: Oct 19 2006, and successfully accepted by INS in Nov 2006.
140 Premium filed: Jan 25 2007
140 Approved: Feb 2 2007

Sep 28 2006
140 Transfered to TSC

Oct 4 2006
485 transfered to TSC

Oct 26 2006
FP received and done on Nov 9 2006

-------------------

Not being able to get EAD/to work will qualify you for urgent processing. I would contact the emergency service dept sending a letter stating that the case was incorrectly closed and you need the EAD immediately to continue working. This should work as it is their fault..
Recently USCIS issued a notice stating that my 485 petition is 'Administratively Closed' as of 07/13/2006.

This is a major error on USCIS part to indicate that my 485 is closed. It is evident from the case progress details that there has been activity on the 485 case even after 07/13/2006, please refer the enclosed case progress. This shows that 485 is active and cannot have been closed. However their system is now showing contradictory status that it is closed.

The closing of my 485 in this manner without issuing any RFEs or relevant notices or any particular reason is an unexplained behavior. To close the petitions abruptly in the middle of processing and deserting an applicant with no chance of responding is not acceptable. One of the status messages provided by the USCIS to the Congress Women’s office also shows that they are attaching my 485 to an incorrect and invalid information,

I request to help me in clearing this issue immediately as USCIS has put me in this absolutely helpless situation without any channels to point out their error and rectify it.

My Attorney and CongressWomens office are actively sending inquiries and USCIS is absolutely unresponsive and whenever they are responding they are again referring my 485 to incorrect information and when questioned on its invalidity they say they will look into it and not to inquire for 30 days, these repeated 30 days is not helping my situation and I am running out of time.

My Attorney says she is also helpless as the USCIS themselves has no idea on who/how this case was messed up in the first place and says she cant do anything but keep sending request to rectify it. She cannot even Appeal as we never received any Denial Notice or Notice of Intent to Deny or any RFEs or any other reason. I guess when they dont know what to do they 'Administratively Close' it. Note: My case is not denied it is 'Administratively Closed'.

My Congreess Womens office also says they can only inquire and request for clarifications.

Based on all this they are now not approving my EAD/AP renewals.(THIS IS THE MAIN SHOW STOPPER FOR ME).

140/485 RFE for both: Oct 19 2006, and successfully accepted by INS in Nov 2006.

Sep 28 2006
140 Transfered to TSC

Oct 4 2006
485 transfered to TSC

Oct 26 2006

-------------------

Ombudsman is an Indian descent. And he is very helpful and active guy. He recommonded lot of things to USCIS but they never implemented them.

Anyway its definitely worth contacting him

Hi Smile All,

I got one of your postings about I-485 Admin Closed issue (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=246756). I am also on the same boat, please help and share your thoughts.

My Case:
PD: 12/03/2002
I140: Approved: March 2005
I485: RFE on Feb 2005
5 Years on EAD

Local Office Interview on: 12-June-2008

During the Interview, officer took the following
1. 6 Recent pay stubs
2. Last year Tax Returns
3. Current Employer letter

Officer said, they will notify me with their decision with in 2 months.

On August 12th (after 2 months), I went local office because I haven’t got any decision from USCIS. Officer in Local office said, my file was sent Vermont office for further processing and they ‘Administrative Close’ on July 28th. The officer doesn’t know the details of “Administrative Close” means. She asked me to come back to local office after 20 days.

I went local office today (27-Aug-2008), they said my file is “Admin Closed” status, that’s not the meaning of Denied but USCIS may looking for more information from me. Office in local office said, ones it Admin Closed they never going to contact you about the info they need but we can let them re-open the case with in one year of it closed. She suggested me to submit a form G639 to find out more information or call Vermont Service Center and she ask me to come back after 2 weeks.

I called Vermont Service Center and explained my case which I am waiting for last 6 years. The Immigration Office said, it Admin Closed and he don’t have any other information and he don’t even know where my file is right now.

Can you let me know "How you worked on your case when you fall under the same Admin Closed situation?"
What is the procedure to re-open a Admin Clsoed cases?

Please Help and show me a direction.

Thanks,

Hi Smile All,

I got one of your postings about I-485 Admin Closed issue (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=246756). I am also on the same boat, please help and share your thoughts.

My Case:
PD: 12/03/2002
I140: Approved: March 2005
I485: RFE on Feb 2005
5 Years on EAD

Local Office Interview on: 12-June-2008

During the Interview, officer took the following
1. 6 Recent pay stubs
2. Last year Tax Returns
3. Current Employer letter

Officer said, they will notify me with their decision with in 2 months.

On August 12th (after 2 months), I went local office because I haven’t got any decision from USCIS. Officer in Local office said, my file was sent Vermont office for further processing and they ‘Administrative Close’ on July 28th. The officer doesn’t know the details of “Administrative Close” means. She asked me to come back to local office after 20 days.

I went local office today (27-Aug-2008), they said my file is “Admin Closed” status, that’s not the meaning of Denied but USCIS may looking for more information from me. Office in local office said, ones it Admin Closed they never going to contact you about the info they need but we can let them re-open the case with in one year of it closed. She suggested me to submit a form G639 to find out more information or call Vermont Service Center and she ask me to come back after 2 weeks.

I called Vermont Service Center and explained my case which I am waiting for last 6 years. The Immigration Office said, it Admin Closed and he don’t have any other information and he don’t even know where my file is right now.

Can you let me know "How you worked on your case when you fall under the same Admin Closed situation?"
What is the procedure to re-open a Admin Clsoed cases?

Please Help and show me a direction.

Thanks,

You should contact your congressman/ senator office with all your details.

some times congress men and senators can provide the status only, they may not help to expedite your process, file a WOM, that may help you.

I don’t know why they closed your file with out approving; your PD and Category should let them give you the cards 3 years back.

Hi GINNU,

Do you know the meaning of I485 Administrative Closed?

I already contacted my local congressman/senator, meanwhile i want to know why they closed?

Thanks for the help

I-485 'Administratively Close'

Sep 28 2006
140 Transfered to TSC

Oct 4 2006
485 transfered to TSC

Oct 26 2006

-------------------

Hi smile_all,

I have the same situation. My daughter's case I-485 'Administratively Close' back to July,2008
What happened to you? Did USCIS reopen your case and when? what and how you got progress after your Attorney and CongressWomens office send inquiries?
Please help. My poor daughter is very very upset. She is 20 and she is going to college. she is already quit her job and we do not really know how to proceed with this situation.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anngud,

I sent a letter to congressmen and their office helped me to find out where my file and why closed.

They closed my file because they completed the process of my I-485 and IO waiting for visas to available for Approval.

Hope the same thing for your daughter also... but i suggest you to send a letter to your Senator.

Thanks...

Just a simple letter (any laymen should understand your situation) with all the details...

Your Name,
SSN,
GC info
PD info
What is the problem?
What do you want to find out? etc

Print out and sign

Send it to Local senator (Senator is more powerful then local congressmen) in a envelop with a first-class stamp.

Goodluck...

Thank you.
Two days ago, I called again USCIS and they told me that we did not pay a fee and case had been closed a year ago!! Also, our atterney called them last week and asked why they closed the case. They send her a lettr last week with full explanation. They told her and us too that we have to send them a letter with payment prove. Yesterday, we gave our atterney copy of the check ( on the back the check has a stamp from USNIC and case number). Our atterney promised to send it today to USCIS. I hope it will be done today.
Do you think I can ask congressmen to help me out too? Or do not duplicate it and wait?
If she send today, do you think next week will be some updates if I will go to infopass?

Thank you again for your support.

Wait for Infopass results... it takes at least 2-3 weeks.

How you know that your daughter Application Closed? did they send a letter or theu Infopass?

Some Admin closed cases must be re-opend with in a year time frame. Please find out with your lawyer...

Our attorney received a letter last week, on Monday where is says that EAD had been denied because 485 case had been administratively closed (fee not had been paid). Our attorney called USCIS and they told that case had been closed more than 1 year ago and if we want to re-open the case, to send the letter and prove of the payment.NO fee for re-open. Over the phone, USCIS did tell anything that we cannot re-open the case because it is a year passed. They just told to send explanation.
I think because it was not our fault. We never received anything from them and our atterney too.
I think, if we would not apply for EAD, we would not even know that case is closed. On line, it is still say “Case received and pending".
Last LUD 10152007.

You think I have to reschedule info pass?

Yes, some times you may get the latest update from Infopass, go and check. I know that my case was Admin closed from IO in Infopass and he suggested to find and re-open with in a year.

But my case turnout as it completed the processing and waiting for Visas to available for the year.

Go to Infopass and ask for more details, how to open a year old closed case? some times they may help.

Good luck