USC married Visa[R] Type[B1]Class[B2] visitor - next steps?

For myself (USC-Husband) on FORM G-325 (Bio.info.) it states:

This form is submitted in connection with an application for:
Naturalization, Status as Permanent Resident, Other (Specify):

Should I mark Status as P.Resident? or Other?
Status as P.Resident

Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support Part I it states:

I'm the petitioner (name) am the sponsor of this affidavt because? I'm not sure what to choose, since I'm the primary sponsor, my dad is a joint-sponsor.
choose (a)

Your the best :)

Is it important to have (2-3) letters from people that know us (as a couple) in the USA?
Can a parent write such a letter (that we're married and happy etc.)?

Those letters are only for people who don't have other evidence of living together and sharing stuff (e.g. joint bank account, joint lease/mortgage, life/health insurance, child's birth certificate, utility bills, pictures, etc.). So don't bother with the letters. For the joint documents, bring them to the interview; don't send them with the application. And show them only when asked.

Good to know.

We just got done with the I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccinations - ALL GOOD.

I think the sealed envelope I received is all I have to give to the USCIS. I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.
Not the Vaccination History/Card that was translated. Am i Correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those letters are only for people who don't have other evidence of living together and sharing stuff (e.g. joint bank account, joint lease/mortgage, life/health insurance, child's birth certificate, utility bills, pictures, etc.). So don't bother with the letters. For the joint documents, bring them to the interview; don't send them with the application. And show them only when asked.

I understand, but, my wife has no SS# and we're living with my (parents) so I don't have any mortgage's or life insurance (no SS# - her). That is why I asked the quetion. Can my mother make a letter stating we are happily etc. living together? Should I also send 3-4 pictures of us?

You understand my concern. :)

Bring the letters and pictures to the interview, don't send them with the application. They should be notarized affidavits, preferably from friends and not close relatives. And they should be as factual as possible (saying things like "I have known X and Y since ___, I went out together with them to __,__,and __, I've seen them in a relationship together since __, I was at their engagement party on ___" .... not opinionated statements like "X and Y have a wonderful relationship").

Only get something from your mother if both of you live with her, and it should be straight and factual statement saying she is your mother and you and your fiancee have lived together in her house since xx/xxxx.

Bear in mind that USCIS views these letters with great skepticism, and they should be shown only if needed as a last resort. And the pictures should show you together in recognizable places or events (especially your wedding), not just pictures that a fake couple could have just walked down the road and posed for them yesterday. The more far and famous the place, the better (a fake couple is unlikely to travel together to Paris or the Grand Canyon, for example).

And she doesn't need an SSN for you to put her on your life insurance. I have my parents on my life insurance and they live outside the US and don't have SSN. The SSN might be requested on the beneficiary form, but it is not mandatory.

Can the I-94# (Admission Number) be used as the A# - Alien Registration# ?

Also, on form I-131 (Travel Document) is it all right to write in field #3. Class of Action - PENDING AOS ?

Also, If I'am the one (husband) preparing the forms for my wife, should I sign that I prepared it or that she did it all herself?
Because, I'm not a lawyer or a firm, so just wondering.

Can the I-94# (Admission Number) be used as the A# - Alien Registration# ?
No, she has no A# now unless she got an A# from a previous green card application or some other immigration-related process (not a tourist visa). I-94# is something entirely different. Leave the A# blank, they will assign one during the process and it will be printed on her I-485 receipt.

Also, on form I-131 (Travel Document) is it all right to write in field #3. Class of Action - PENDING AOS ?
No, her class of admission would be B2 because she is on a tourist visa. She's not pending AOS yet.

Also, If I'am the one (husband) preparing the forms for my wife, should I sign that I prepared it or that she did it all herself?
No, that is meant for lawyers or people who complete it on behalf of a child or disabled person. Note that the I-131 and I-765 are supposed to be filled out and signed by her (although you can assist).

Thank you! Your like a SUPERMAN.
I really appreciate all the help you have given/give throughout this thread.

Again, I'm running into questions going over forms.

Form I-765 App. For Employment Auth. #16 Eligibilty Categories under 8 CFR 274a.12 - i wrote in ( C ) ( 9 ) (for my wife)
(from Instructions part 7. EAD Who Have Filed For Adjustment of Status) Can you confirm if it's correct?

Form I-485, field CURRENT USCIS STATUS - I wrote in "VISA R TYPE B1/B2" (It's in her passport) is that correct? Or should it just be B2 (Class) ?

Form I-130 - D. Other information. 2. Have you ever filled petition for this or other relative. I marked [Yes]
Couple years ago I filed for someone in my family, but we used a immigration lawyer, who no longer has an office. I don't remeber the year. The person that I filed for
no longer lives in the states, I really don't know much about it....should I write in the name or leave that blank or N/A ??

Also, I'm a US Citizen by Naturalization (for about past 8 years) - where it asks for my A#? What am I suppose to write in there?

Again, I'm running into questions going over forms.

Form I-765 App. For Employment Auth. #16 Eligibilty Categories under 8 CFR 274a.12 - i wrote in ( C ) ( 9 ) (for my wife)
(from Instructions part 7. EAD Who Have Filed For Adjustment of Status) Can you confirm if it's correct?

Form I-485, field CURRENT USCIS STATUS - I wrote in "VISA R TYPE B1/B2" (It's in her passport) is that correct? Or should it just be B2 (Class) ?

Form I-130 - D. Other information. 2. Have you ever filled petition for this or other relative. I marked [Yes]
Couple years ago I filed for someone in my family, but we used a immigration lawyer, who no longer has an office. I don't remeber the year. The person that I filed for
no longer lives in the states, I really don't know much about it....should I write in the name or leave that blank or N/A ??

Also, I'm a US Citizen by Naturalization (for about past 8 years) - where it asks for my A#? What am I suppose to write in there?

c-9 is correct.

B2, B1/B2, TYPE B1/B2, whatever. Ultimately they'll know what it means.

Write the name of the person you filed for and your relationship with them (mother, sister, brother, whatever), "approx ____" for the date, "abandoned" for the outcome. If it was abandoned before approval and assuming it wasn't for a prior spouse or minor child, it won't matter that you don't have the full exact details. But you do need to mention that person.

Write the A# that was on your green card and is now displayed on the naturalization certificate.

THANK YOU!
Yes, answers are great, because of great questions! ;-)
But, seriously - Jackolantern big big THNX.
This thread I hope will help many people.

I'am done completing 98% of the forms, double-checking now.

My dad is the co-sponsor (as you know) about form I-864A it states:
"The signatures on the I-864A must be notarized by a notary public or signed before an immigration or consular officer."

This is a no problem, but is it mandatory and better to have it or not? (notarization)

I'm going to be filing in order for my wifes Green Card:

1. I-130
2. I-485
3. G-325 (Wife)
4. I-765
5. G-325 (My)
6. I-864
7. I-864A
8. I-693 (Medical in a sealed envelope)

+ Wifes Birth Certificate Translated, My Birth Certificate Translated, Copy of my Naturalization, Copy of my wifes Visa, Copy of my wifes I-94
4 Passport Style Pictures of my wife, 4 Passport Style Pictures of Me, Copy of our Marriage Certificate, Copy of Tax Returns

am I missing anything, please?