USC and A #

dadude

Registered Users (C)
I'm a USC and am filing I-130 and I-485 concurently for my parents. On both forms they ask for my A#. I'm a naturalized citizen but I'm not sure if I need to put my A# on the forms anymore since I'm a citizen. What is the correct thing to do here? Any help is kindly appreciated.

That A# is a lifelong entity. Naturalised citizens need to provide it when specific forms ask for it.

You can chose not to provide A# and USCIS will not hang you by the OO for not doing it. I have never come across any document from USCIS which requires all naturalized citizens to provide their A#, as long as you provide the necessary document that establish who you are. The adv of using your A# as a USC is that it allows USCIS to pull your records and information quickly, because you are already in the system and can verify who you claim to be....

I agree with Al,my wife did not use her A# when filing paperwork for me,but I can't see how it will hurt.When we asked our lawyer if we need to put it on the forms he said jokingly to my wife your not an alien anymore.Ahhh the titles they label us with:D

I hope my earlier post did not give the impression that omission of A# from USCIS forms for naturalised citizens, will cause petitions to be denied. It is just that every USCIS form instructs applicants to fill everything that applies to them. Since A#s are applicable to naturalised citizens, in my opinion, they should be provided. I hope this clears it up!!!

I hope my earlier post did not give the impression that omission of A# from USCIS forms for naturalised citizens, will cause petitions to be denied. It is just that every USCIS form instructs applicants to fill everything that applies to them. Since A#s are applicable to naturalised citizens, in my opinion, they should be provided. I hope this clears it up!!!

I agree. There is not a reason NOT to provide it.

Yes it cannot hurt. They know everything about you anyway. They will do background checks, so giving the A# IMO will only help them get to your info quicker, and who knows save some "precious" time.