US visa for PR of Canada official Notice

FURAT:

Traveling back and forth is not a good idea these days.It depends on particular immigration inspector how your case is handled.Besides, there are random sampling.

There are incidents where people were asked to give up one of the immigration benifits(meaning:- either keep Canadian papers or american paper)You can't put feet on both boats.

2 of my friends gave up (surrendered)Canadian paper at port of entry(rainbow bridge,buffalo) and kept their US papers.Thet were both on AOS stage. If possible try to avoid travel to Canada.I am sure if such situation arises you would certainly opt for US papers.Atleast my friends did that.This is my sincere advise.

Thanks for all your advice...

Yes, I agree pipladi, that these days its not a good idea to travel back and forth. You need to stay put :)

The problem is that if I stick in the US and dont go to canada to atleast get my PR card then I will lose the canadian PR status after the end of this year anyway.... I dont see a work around that problem... and if I go after March 17th, then I would surely need a visa stamp in my passport which I dont have right now.
Did you get your PR card already?

Getting an H1 stamped in the passport does seem like a better option than using my AP. Any one has any experiences trying to obtain H1 stamp from ottawa?

Appreciate all your responses.. Thanks!

pipladi
**2 of my friends gave up (surrendered)Canadian paper at port of entry(rainbow bridge,buffalo) and kept their US papers.Thet were both on AOS stage.

Were your friends entering into USA or Canada ?? and when it happened ?