US Passport Application

CroATM said:
masterUSA, you think we will get e-passports or the old fashioned ones?

According to the Department of State website the plan is issue e-passorts at all passport agencies by end of 2006. So I am assuming that I will get an e-passport. It will be interesting to see, but either way I don't care!

Last edited by a moderator:
True...don't care either. :cool: As long as I get it.

My wife is hoping I get the "e" one as it has more colorful pages than her "old style" one.

Passport - Place of issue!

My spouse recd US passport recently and for ISSUING AUTHORITY
it reads US DEPT OF STATE and does not specify a location ( like
name of the issuing city).
Most immigration forms when one travels abroad ask for the passport
place of issue, what should be written in this case, would it be just
"USA". By the way this is the OLD FASHIONED passport and not
the "e".

My wife's passport issuing authority says National Passport Center....so, place of issue would be USA. :D

However, she is a born US Citizen so I am not sure whether that makes any difference.

Just checked the USPS tracker...passport enroute from Charleston to the Lone Star State...which means I will have it in my hands tomorrow evening when I get back from work. I know this is meaningless to the rest of you here , but just wanted to share some excitement. :p

Passport status shows as "Completed processing and has been mailed" should be getting mine in about two days.

Enjoy!

yeaaaaaaaaay!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxxx.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 02/07/2007.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

If I am moving to India after a US citizenship

What address do I put on my US passport? Moreover, my DL is expiring this November. I was wondering if I can renew it some way before I leave the country.
Can anyone help me?
thanks...

Congrats MasterUSA. Mine is still with the post office as they left me a note, so a pick up tomorrow.

Was yours mailed from Charleston, SC as well?

CroATM said:
Congrats MasterUSA. Mine is still with the post office as they left me a note, so a pick up tomorrow.

Was yours mailed from Charleston, SC as well?

Thanks. Mine was mailed from Boston, MA.

It was a bit of a surprise for me. According to the status yesterday I should have received my PP around 02/10/07(I requested regular delivery and not overnight delivery) but showed up today. I won't complain. :)

My journey from the first non-immigrant visa(which was preceded by several disappointing rejections of student visa for study) to getting the US Passport today has lasted nearly 12 years. It feels good at last!

And hey, congratulations to you too!

I have a question about DS11 application. In the section that is related to parents is it absolutely essential to fill out parent's information? My father has only internal passport of his country and does not know how his first/last names will be translated into English once he decides to get a passport for international travel. My mother is deceased. Is it a big deal if I mark both checkboxes as UNKNOWN or this information must be submitted? Also, does this informatiom appear on the actual US passport?

US passport online status problem. Please help.

Gurus,

My spouse, and I both applied for EXPEDITED passport last week. Today I checked the status online. The message says that I applied for ROUTINE service. Please see the message below. What do I do now?:mad:

----------------------------

Thank you for submitting your passport application! It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXX.

Note: We have been experiencing a problem with the online status check system affecting only the application locator number. This does not affect the processing of your application. If the number above is 10 digits long and starts with 10000, please do not worry. If you need to contact the National Passport Information Center, you will have to provide at least your name and date of birth instead of the application locator number. Otherwise, please provide the locator number above.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.
You should receive your passport within 10 weeks from the date you applied. However, if you are traveling within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

Gurus,

My spouse, and I both applied for EXPEDITED passport last week. Today I checked the status online. The message says that I applied for ROUTINE service. Please see the message below. What do I do now?:mad:

----------------------------

Thank you for submitting your passport application! It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXX.

Note: We have been experiencing a problem with the online status check system affecting only the application locator number. This does not affect the processing of your application. If the number above is 10 digits long and starts with 10000, please do not worry. If you need to contact the National Passport Information Center, you will have to provide at least your name and date of birth instead of the application locator number. Otherwise, please provide the locator number above.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.
You should receive your passport within 10 weeks from the date you applied. However, if you are traveling within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

This has happened to many of my friends who had applied for EXPEDITED processing but the status shows as routine. Give it like a week or so and your status should show up as EXPEDITED. There seems to be a problem with the online passport status.

Maybe you can ask someone at the post office/passport processing center on how to handle it, you must have filled other applications where you had to mention parents information, how did you handle that?, if you plan on applying for a green card for you father, then they may check your passport details to cross check names, so it may be better to put your dad's name on the applications, my 2 cents.

I have a question about DS11 application. In the section that is related to parents is it absolutely essential to fill out parent's information? My father has only internal passport of his country and does not know how his first/last names will be translated into English once he decides to get a passport for international travel. My mother is deceased. Is it a big deal if I mark both checkboxes as UNKNOWN or this information must be submitted? Also, does this informatiom appear on the actual US passport?

Thank you, mant0478! I will condiser your suggestion.

Maybe you can ask someone at the post office/passport processing center on how to handle it, you must have filled other applications where you had to mention parents information, how did you handle that?, if you plan on applying for a green card for you father, then they may check your passport details to cross check names, so it may be better to put your dad's name on the applications, my 2 cents.