1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

US Green Card holder planning to visit Canada (Canadian green card expired) by Car (Buffalo, NY)

Discussion in 'Canada-USA Travel and Visa Issues' started by dhirendra_sh, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dhirendra_sh

dhirendra_sh Registered Users (C)

Hi,

My Canadian PR Card has expired. I currently hold a US Green card and I am planning to visit Niagara Falls (Canadian side) for 2-3 days.

I have following two questions :

1). Will I be asked questions regarding my Canadian PR while entering Canada by rental
    car ?

2). While I am asking the above question, I take this opportunity to ask this: Can a person keep both Canadian PR as well as US GC ?

Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
  2. dhirendra_sh

dhirendra_sh Registered Users (C)

3. hanmanthr

hanmanthr Registered Users (C)

Did you find out the answers to your questions? I am in the similar boat, I got canadian gc 5 years ago, never stayed in canada after getting the gc, now i also have u.s. green card and want to travel to canada by road. I am planning to just show my u.s. gc but not sure if they will ask me about my canadian gc - and give me trouble?

Appreciate any help.
  4. sarwarmd

sarwarmd Registered Users (C)

Revokes Canadian GC

Guys
    I wish that things will work the way in which you want.
    But my guess is that your trip will lead to revocation of Canadian GC.