1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

US Green Card holder planning to visit Canada (Canadian green card expired) by Car (Buffalo, NY)

Discussion in 'Canada-USA Travel and Visa Issues' started by dhirendra_sh, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dhirendra_sh

dhirendra_sh Registered Users (C)

Hi,

My Canadian PR Card has expired. I currently hold a US Green card and I am planning to visit Niagara Falls (Canadian side) for 2-3 days.

I have following two questions :

1). Will I be asked questions regarding my Canadian PR while entering Canada by rental
    car ?

2). While I am asking the above question, I take this opportunity to ask this: Can a person keep both Canadian PR as well as US GC ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
  2. dhirendra_sh

dhirendra_sh Registered Users (C)

Kindly help !!

3. hanmanthr

hanmanthr Registered Users (C)

Did you find out the answers to your questions? I am in the similar boat, I got canadian gc 5 years ago, never stayed in canada after getting the gc, now i also have u.s. green card and want to travel to canada by road. I am planning to just show my u.s. gc but not sure if they will ask me about my canadian gc - and give me trouble?

Appreciate any help.

4. sarwarmd

sarwarmd Registered Users (C)

Revokes Canadian GC

Guys
    I wish that things will work the way in which you want.
    But my guess is that your trip will lead to revocation of Canadian GC.