US Citizenship & South Carolina

Danagirl,

I also called the 1-800 number and filled a request for case status. I was told is going to take 45 days to answer. It took them 2 days! I made the request on 25 April and on the 28 I received a letter from Greer with a date April 27.

For you, Charleston has to answer. The case is outside the processing time so they have no choice.
Adina

Last edited by a moderator:
Already called. They said the 45 days thing, but I'm sure it will be sooner than that. Thanks for all your support. And good luck with your interview.

Call Lindsey Graham's office and ask them to check the status of your case:

office Columbia, SC 803-933-0112
office Greenville, SC 864-250-1417 (ask for Phil )
office Mount Pleasant, SC 843-849-3887

http://lgraham.senate.gov/

Within a week I had a letter with the results of their investigation in my hands.

You can call them today, mail them the letter (from their website) with your personal info and signed and by the end of next week you'll be hearing from them.

Based on your PD you should be just like me. However, based on Preetin's PD, looks like you are going for sure in Charleston. It's very possible that Charleston is very busy right now or is very possible that your letter got lost!

Call those guys and let them check it for you. I promise you you won't be dissapointed. You can can Phil in Greenville...explain the situation, tell them that another person with a similar situation was helped by them (ME!) and he will ask you to mail him that paper that I was telling you about. Once he gets it, he'll forward it to this lady Patricia and she'll be the one dealing with the case. I guess you can even fax that paper...

Hang in there! Even for me, it's not over until is over....so, I still have my fingers crossed and hope that everything will work out OK...

Adina

Thanks for all the info, Adina. This is very helpful. And you're right; Charleston is probably busier than Greer.

I had my interview today!!!! It's over....Everything went smooth, smooth...A sweet immigration officer lady, smiling all the time, I felt very comfortable inside. Have faith! When I saw MY file, "~1 foot" thick, I'm not kidding...I almost flipped out. Everything I went through since I came in US, 15 years ago! And she did say it..."Look what we have on you, believe it or not!"

Everything lasted ~ 20min. A nice experience indeed.

Now...The Oath...and I'm done for good!

Good luck to you all.

Adina