US citizenship application question

boy1980

Registered Users (C)
Can I move to another state after sending or during the N-400 application processing? Will there be any change in processing time?
Thanks.

If you submit application and then move, you will have to notify USCIS of a change of address . If you move to an area covered by another DO, it will incur approximately 1-3 month delay

If you move first, you'll have to establish 3 months residency before you apply if you move to an area covered by another DO.

If you move to an area covered by same DO, there is no additional delay.

The info on USCIS website is as follows,

If you currently reside in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, send your application to the USCIS Lockbox Facility at:

USCIS
P.O. Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For express/courier deliveries, use:

USCIS
Attn: N-400
1820 E Skyharbor Cicle S, Floor 1
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Now my question as follows

So, for example my District Office is "Saint Louis Field Office" and I live in Illinois, now if I move to Arizona, and the District Office would be different in Arizona (Phoenix Field Office) , will there be a delay ( or no delay) of 1-3 months in N-400 processing , I am confused. Please clarify.

Yes,

what possible reason would there be that doesn't cause a delay?
You think you can push people in AZ further back the line, because you gracefully decided to show up in AZ?

There's an inherent delay caused by either transfer of the case to new district or in you having to first establish 3 months of residency in new DO area.