us citizen wanting to take kids into canada

kim23il

What is the name of your state? Illinois, usa

Hi everyone any information will be helpful. I am a single mother of 2 girls ages 4 and 5. Thier bioligical father has visitations, but hasn't bein active with his visitations for 3 yrs. I have full custody. He pays child support. I would like to take the girls into cananda (actually newfoundland) with me next summer for appox. 4 months for a summer vacation. I was wanting to know Do i have I have to have a notrized letter from him, even tho i have full custody? What will I need to get them across the border. Remember He hasn't seen the girls in 3 yrs, can you get me for kidnapping? If i take them across the border? I also only see him about once a year, when i run into at the store or somethin. So it wouldnt be very easily to get a letter from him. I have papers stateing i have full custody. Anyone that has any info please respond. Or any toll free numbers that could help me. Thanks, Kim

kim23il said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois, usa

Hi everyone any information will be helpful. I am a single mother of 2 girls ages 4 and 5. Thier bioligical father has visitations, but hasn't bein active with his visitations for 3 yrs. I have full custody. He pays child support. I would like to take the girls into cananda (actually newfoundland) with me next summer for appox. 4 months for a summer vacation. I was wanting to know Do i have I have to have a notrized letter from him, even tho i have full custody? What will I need to get them across the border. Remember He hasn't seen the girls in 3 yrs, can you get me for kidnapping? If i take them across the border? I also only see him about once a year, when i run into at the store or somethin. So it wouldnt be very easily to get a letter from him. I have papers stateing i have full custody. Anyone that has any info please respond. Or any toll free numbers that could help me. Thanks, Kim

If you have full custody, then you will need to bring those papers. How often you run into him is irrelevant. This is a legal thing.

Brian