US citizen spouse - GC- Retrogression

pnunna

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I sponsored my wife while I was on GC. She got her 130 approved , biometrics done, work permit approved and also got her interview scheduled this month. I became a US citizen just 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if the Jan 2011 retrogression would effect her GC processing time since she already has her interview scheduled. Also since her 130 is already approved where do I need update my change in status information from GC holder to US citizen? I searched all over but didn't find clear information.
Thanks.

how did you get her a work permit? I assume you applied for her when you were an LPR. So did you already file 485 when her pd was current? If that's the case, call uscis customer dissservice number and let them know that you became a usc and they should upgrade her case to IR.

At this stage with the interview so close, it's better to just show evidence of US citizenship at the interview rather than dealing with the customer "disservice".

Its good that you have recieved your USC, but regardless of that she would not have faced retrogression as the interview was scheduled prior to retrogression and a visa number was already alloted to her file.
Showing the proof of USC and updating the petition will help USCIS to put the visa number back into the pool of F2A and process this as a IR of a USC. atleast it should go to someone that need that visa number.
Like Jack said at this point just update the petition at the interview.

Thanks everyone. If there is an easy way to upgrade her status, then I will call USCIS and update the status,if it involves a lengthy process, then I will just wait for the interview.
Thanks again.

Its good that you have recieved your USC, but regardless of that she would not have faced retrogression as the interview was scheduled prior to retrogression and a visa number was already alloted to her file.
Showing the proof of USC and updating the petition will help USCIS to put the visa number back into the pool of F2A and process this as a IR of a USC. atleast it should go to someone that need that visa number.
Like Jack said at this point just update the petition at the interview.

You are incorrect.

No. For AOS they only assign the visa number after a successful interview.

For CP their standard practice is to assign the visa number before the interview, although for VisaNutz's brother's case they apparently un-assigned the visa number after scheduling the interview, and practically canceled the interview by not conducting it when he showed up.