US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Yeah, you are right Table VI does not include adjustments of status cases. But table V that you attached includes both adjustment of status and visas issued for a total of 24,500 in 2007. Now that makes sense. Wow then there were way more that 30,000 I130 filed per year in FB1 and Fb2b. I wonder how many?

What is your priority date, drownfish? I totally understand you regarding the wait. Who would have thought that it was going to take more than 5 years???? I certainly didn't. I thought 3 max 4 years, so naive...

Here I am investing tuition bucks continuously into this economy. And what do I get? Can't get any loans, can't live a normal life. Sitting on suitcases pretty much my whole young life. Come graduation in two years and I am not adjusted? Welcome to the H1B club which will severely limit my job opportunities.

Anyway, this is getting extremely frustrating especially for those in the country waiting to adjust. You basically can't plan anything...

mermaid, we all are in the same boat. some of us cann't even get a student visa to start their studies and by the time they would immigrate to US they won't have the youth and energy to go to schools and find decent jobs, ultimately they would end up doing job they don't deserve. When my case was filed I looked at the VB and saw that there was almost 4 years waiting time, but now it's becoming a never ending thing. On the top of every thing irony is that there is no one who can tell us when our PD's could become current. We cann't plan any thing. I have the admission, but cann't start the school and if I don't get immigration or F1 visa I will potentially lose my admission. My board tests along with admission process is changing from next year so if I lose my admission this year I won't have the energy to retake all the tests, interviews, pay off loans. I MIGH GET A GC SOME TIME, BUT I MAY NOT GET GOOD LIFE
WHO SAID LIFE IS EASY

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you working on your F1 visa right now? Did you consult a lawyer about this?
i think the this immigration system is in place to not let the legal, highly skilled immigrant get a good life here. All they want is cheap labor who will wash their dishes and pick tomatoes.
But we still persevere and don't give up. Who knows maybe some day life will get easier...

Maybe, you can attend an online US college?

mermaid, we all are in the same boat. some of us cann't even get a student visa to start their studies and by the time they would immigrate to US they won't have the youth and energy to go to schools and find decent jobs, ultimately they would end up doing job they don't deserve. When my case was filed I looked at the VB and saw that there was almost 4 years waiting time, but now it's becoming a never ending thing. On the top of every thing irony is that there is no one who can tell us when our PD's could become current. We cann't plan any thing. I have the admission, but cann't start the school and if I don't get immigration or F1 visa I will potentially lose my admission. My board tests along with admission process is changing from next year so if I lose my admission this year I won't have the energy to retake all the tests, interviews, pay off loans. I MIGH GET A GC SOME TIME, BUT I MAY NOT GET GOOD LIFE
WHO SAID LIFE IS EASY

So you are waiting for the consular appointment?
I was very lucky to get my f1 at the Toronto consulate. I am not sure if they check how far your priority date is from becoming current before they issue a visa, but it is definitely worth a try...
I wish you good luck!

Ultron, there is no online course in my field of study.

So you are waiting for the consular appointment?
I was very lucky to get my f1 at the Toronto consulate. I am not sure if they check how far your priority date is from becoming current before they issue a visa, but it is definitely worth a try...
I wish you good luck!
yes I can only try.

Hi i have a question my mother sponsored my sister who is unmarried and above 21 and the petition was filled in aug 2003
does anyone know how long it will take before her turn comes ?

can anyone give me some advice

I filed mine in October 2003. and I think I may still need to wait at least 1.5 years.......good luck for all of us!:):p:D:):rolleyes:

Hi i have a question my mother sponsored my sister who is unmarried and above 21 and the petition was filled in aug 2003
does anyone know how long it will take before her turn comes ?

can anyone give me some advice

If we observe number of immigrant visas and adjustment of statuses done from 2002 to 2007 we see that each year 6-8 thousand ppl apply for adjustment of statuses in FB1 category. The question arises that if 245i was consuming most of the visa numbers in 2004,2005,2006 then there should have been more adjusments done than immigrant visas issued at consular posts, but we don't see any significant rise in adjustments done during that priod. If it were not due to 245i adjustments then what consumed most of the visa numbers in past?

Congrats to nish!

Hey nish03, congratulations! You can adjust next month. Or I should ask are you adjusting or doing consular processing? Is your file at the National Visa Center? Can you post your timeline of the process once you start it?

Anyone else has become current?
2 week movement in most categories. Do you think the movement will speed up during the rest of 2008??

Thanks

my PD is Feb 27, 02...so I am really hoping they move by two weeks instead of one when they re-release the bulletin...

good! it seems that PD's are getting pace again. FB2b jumped almost 2.5 months which is a good sign for FB1 as well. Let's hope this trend continues.

FOIA request to find out cases in pipeline

Hello everyone,
check out this thread. Although the person was asking about employment-based category, I think this might be relevant for family based cases too.
Attorney's reply was to file FOIA to find out how many applications are in the pipeline, like I130 in FB1 for the year 2002 or F4 for the year 2002...
Does anyone know how to file this FOIA?
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4723

Hey nish03, congratulations! You can adjust next month. Or I should ask are you adjusting or doing consular processing? Is your file at the National Visa Center? Can you post your timeline of the process once you start it?

Anyone else has become current?
2 week movement in most categories. Do you think the movement will speed up during the rest of 2008??

Thanks

thanks. I am going to go for AOS. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Hey people! Two weeks advancement is definitely is very positive sign, I think this is the beginning of a take off. Here is what I found from last year (2007) around the same time:

Mar: May 01 01 0 weeks
Apr: May 08 01 1 week
May: May 15 01 1 week
Jun: Jun 01 01 2 weeks
Jul: Jul 01 01 1 month (take off begins)

Notice, upto Jun 07, the pattern of advancement has been exactly the same as this year, which indicates the advancement for next month would be sth large (1 month? Hopefully).