US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Make this thead a sticky

hey guys who wants to make this thread a sticky? We can make a request to the site administrator about this. It would make it easier for other FB1 FB2, 3 and 4s to find it and ask questions here.

They have a sticky on parents immigration thread why not on adult children and siblings?

To csiq: LUD is Latest UpDate

Hi thera33, whats your pd. have you heard some thing from NVC. I was also thinking the same that nvc might be anticipating cutoff dates to move slowly thats why they didn't send us any thing till date.
We come only when visa bulletin is released coz we are wait for it all the month:D, for so many years.

PD.....July 2002.......pass through NVC looooong time ago then on to Consulate. Well it might be for different reasons that you have not heard anything. It may also be if you are doing AOS. I bet if and when your PD becomes current you will be here 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week looking for guidance. Drop and start some dicussion people. Ask for some answers from the Visa Office in numbers.....organize something people.

Here is what is going to happen over the next few months - my predictions for FB1.

As you can see right numbers are being slowed tke a look at FB1, FB3 and FB4 from the few last bulletins and you can see that they all move by 1 week or none for FB3 at times. Also you can see as at this bulletin FB2a the fastest of them all advanced by only 3 weeks. This quater is known for slow movements over the years.

MAY bulletin........ 01 MAR 02
JUNE bulletin....... 08 MAR 02

The last quater will be different as the Visa Office will try to make use of all visa numbers for the year.

JULY bulletin........ 08 APR 02
AUGUST bulletin.. 22 MAY 02
SEPT. bulletin..... 22 JUN 02
OCT. bulletin.......01 AUG 02.....New fiscal year start here.
NOV bulletin........01 SEP 02
DEC bulletin .......01 OCT 02 anything after 1st qt. will move only 1-3 weeks

These are estimates and can be used as a guide to know your standing.

The only thing that can throw this prediction off track is the rate of adjustment being ordered from the CIS. Dates are moving though when compared to April 22, 2001 245is that did clog FB1

And yes mermaid, this thread should be made sticky.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome! I hope this prediction works. Yes, this thread has to be made sticky...it was started almost 2 years ago and has kept growing and growing. Back in 2006, FB1 people like us were minorities....I never realized there are so many ppl like me in the US!

ULTRON

PD.....July 2002.......pass through NVC looooong time ago then on to Consulate. Well it might be for different reasons that you have not heard anything. It may also be if you are doing AOS. I bet if and when your PD becomes current you will be here 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week looking for guidance. Drop and start some dicussion people. Ask for some answers from the Visa Office in numbers.....organize something people.

Here is what is going to happen over the next few months - my predictions for FB1.

As you can see right numbers are being slowed tke a look at FB1, FB3 and FB4 from the few last bulletins and you can see that they all move by 1 week or none for FB3 at times. Also you can see as at this bulletin FB2a the fastest of them all advanced by only 3 weeks. This quater is known for slow movements over the years.

MAY bulletin........ 01 MAR 02
JUNE bulletin....... 08 MAR 02

The last quater will be different as the Visa Office will try to make use of all visa numbers for the year.

JULY bulletin........ 08 APR 02
AUGUST bulletin.. 22 MAY 02
SEPT. bulletin..... 22 JUN 02
OCT. bulletin.......01 AUG 02.....New fiscal year start here.
NOV bulletin........01 SEP 02
DEC bulletin .......01 OCT 02 anything after 1st qt. will move only 1-3 weeks

These are estimates and can be used as a guide to know your standing.

The only thing that can throw this prediction off track is the rate of adjustment being ordered from the CIS. Dates are moving though when compared to April 22, 2001 245is that did clog FB1

And yes mermaid, this thread should be made sticky.

I am strongly in support of making this thread stick. theara I wish your prediction goes like this. I am not doing adjustment of status, I hope they send me NVC forms in a couple of months. I have been seeing on forums that NVC sends forms one year ahead or even more in anticipation of PD, so I am afraid that they are anticipating even slower movement than you predicted.

Thera33 can you tell us your NVC time line for July PD, I just want to have an idea. When were you first contacted by NVC and when your file reached consulate.

My priority date is 22 April 02, and my dad's became a USC last year, when can i expect the visa call?

My priority date is 22 April 02, and my dad's became a USC last year, when can i expect the visa call?
we all are in the same boat and no one know when a visa number would be available, but your PD should be current soon so hang on. ppl say that visa bulletin cannot be predicted, but I haven't seen some thing exceptional happening in FB1 category for a very long time, its always slow as expected with lowest of 0 per bulletin and highest of a month or slightly more per bulletin.

we all are in the same boat and no one know when a visa number would be available, but your PD should be current soon so hang on. ppl say that visa bulletin cannot be predicted, but I haven't seen some thing exceptional happening in FB1 category for a very long time, its always slow as expected with lowest of 0 per bulletin and highest of a month or slightly more per bulletin.

Thats true, his/her PD is not far away, but as we all know Visa Bulletin is full of uncertainties. Remember April 22, 2001 for FB1 cut off date did'nt move for over a year although that was a different senario. FB3 is approching that date and we expecting them to be in for a long wait also.

From the middle of last was'nt bad at all for FB1, lets wait and see if this year will bring the same. But all I can say it is really fustrating for FB1 fliers.

Thanks to the Moderators for making this thread sticky.

Oh man...that "April 22, 2001" date still gives me nightmares. Please never mention it here again. *shrugs*

ULTRON

Thats true, his/her PD is not far away, but as we all know Visa Bulletin is full of uncertainties. Remember April 22, 2001 for FB1 cut off date did'nt move for over a year although that was a different senario. FB3 is approching that date and we expecting them to be in for a long wait also.

From the middle of last was'nt bad at all for FB1, lets wait and see if this year will bring the same. But all I can say it is really fustrating for FB1 fliers.

Money can buy you (almost) anything...

Hey guys this isn't related to family based immigration, but the little known EB5, investor category:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/realestate/commercial/16sqft.html

Yes, a big thanks to the moderators for promptly making this thread a sticky. I did not realize there were quite a few family (not marriage) based applicants waiting and the information was scattered along multiple threads.

Now we can assemble attachment pool with useful documents, samples related to FB category.

I am attaching a sample letter of upgrade to FB1 from FB2b that I wrote for my case. I also included affidavit of support form and poverty guidelines for 2008.

Lets hope the future brings us best from this year's bulletein :)

Oh man...that "April 22, 2001" date still gives me nightmares. Please never mention it here again. *shrugs*

ULTRON

*shrugs* with ultron

But my lawyer said...

To believe it or not? She said visa moves accordingly to amount of applications
which they had gotten on certain month certain year. F.e., if in May 2002 they got 50
boxes of applications, it goes slowly, if in June 2002 they go only 2- very fast. Fitst I believed it, tnet I thought: how come, that FB1 and FB3 move the same way( both 1 week for 2
months)? It does not make any sense.

A possible theory for slow movement in FB4 category

Hi All,

I came up with a possible theory for the slow movement of the FB4 visa bulletin dates

If you noticed, the original deadline for 245i was Sept 1997 before it got extended. And since the current FB4 date is so close to the deadline, it is safe to assume that a lot of applications were filed around that time, so it makes sense that the current FB4 date has been moving very slowly these past few months and even remained stagnant in february.

What do you guys think about this?

Hi All,

I came up with a possible theory for the slow movement of the FB4 visa bulletin dates

If you noticed, the original deadline for 245i was Sept 1997 before it got extended. And since the current FB4 date is so close to the deadline, it is safe to assume that a lot of applications were filed around that time, so it makes sense that the current FB4 date has been moving very slowly these past few months and even remained stagnant in february.

What do you guys think about this?
You are right, the original deadline for 245i was 1997 and then it was extended to April 2001, but that concession was not give untill Dec 2000, so most 245i applicants are those who might be present in 1997 and onwards, but filed I-130's between Dec 2000 to April 2001 and their PD's are in the same time period. This is the time period where we can expect max applications.
I don't think FB4 is affected by 245 at this time. If you see VB all the dates are moving slow. Only FB2A moves faster because these applicants are shifted to IR1 upon naturalization, so even if they have very small visa numbers they would still move fast. Their spouses usually get naturalized during waiting time, reducing strain on visa numbers.

This is interesting... So it looks like FB1 should be over the Feb 19, 2002 spike. I hope this theory is correct and month per month movement resumes with the next bulletin :cool:

It would be cool to see statistics on just I130s by category.

hi check out the following link.
http://thevisabulletin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/uscis-naturalization-delays-chart-big.gif
You can see spikes in 245i period and in Feb 2002. We all know that 245i period is gone, but for FB1 again slow movement might be due to fee increase in Feb 2002 as illustrated by graph.

This is interesting... So it looks like FB1 should be over the Feb 19, 2002 spike. I hope this theory is correct and month per month movement resumes with the next bulletin :cool:

It would be cool to see statistics on just I130s by category.
yeh actually i was also trying to find statistics for I-130 esp in FB1 category, infact I remeber I saw such statistics some where, but those were showing the number of immigrant visa's issued during 2006 in each family based category, while for us a comparasion of number of applications filed in 2001 and 2002 can give us some idea of how far PD's could move. let me know if you guys can get such data.
Did you guys check the site http://thevisabulletin.com/
A guy on this site gives VB predictions. I have been trying to see for a couple of months if he really knows some thing to make good predicitons.

I was reading the bulletin board he has there and posts and "predictions" are all regarding employment immigration. To those with family based questions from what I've seen the answer is "let's hope visa bulletin moves in your category" and "I work with employment immigration", so I would not use that site for finding family-based immigration "predictions"

Did you guys check the site http://thevisabulletin.com/
A guy on this site gives VB predictions. I have been trying to see for a couple of months if he really knows some thing to make good predicitons.