US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Here are the dates before the bulletin was taken off:

All China India Mexico PHILIPPINES
1st 22FEB02 22FEB02 22FEB02 08JUL92 01MAR93
2A 08MAY03 08MAY03 08MAY03 01MAY02 08MAY03
2B 22MAR99 22MAR99 22MAR99 01APR92 01FEB97
3rd 22MAY00 22MAY00 22MAY00 22JUL92 01APR91
4th 22JUL97 15DEC96 22NOV96 01DEC94 22FEB86

Did you get a chance to see what the cut offs were on the official bulletin?

FEB. 22, 02 is the official cut off date for FB1. Nothing will change when the bulletin comes back online...maybe that page is taking too many hits today.

It must be fustrating for you to see FB1 PDs moving ony 1 week at for the last two months. Lets hope that things might pick up especially come June when July bulletin will be released......by the way, why do we guys only come here to discuss our fustration when a bulletin is released, where are we the rest of the time?

Strange that you have'nt hear anything from the NVC as yet with a priority of NOV 2002, maybe they know somehing you dont.

FEB. 22, 02 is the official cut off date for FB1. Nothing will change when the bulletin comes back online...maybe that page is taking too many hits today.

It must be fustrating for you to see FB1 PDs moving ony 1 week at for the last two months. Lets hope that things might pick up especially come June when July bulletin will be released......by the way, why do we guys only come here to discuss our fustration when a bulletin is released, where are we the rest of the time?

Strange that you have'nt hear anything from the NVC as yet with a priority of NOV 2002, maybe they know somehing you dont.
Hi thera33, whats your pd. have you heard some thing from NVC. I was also thinking the same that nvc might be anticipating cutoff dates to move slowly thats why they didn't send us any thing till date.
We come only when visa bulletin is released coz we are wait for it all the month:D, for so many years.

my PD is Feb 27, 02...so I am really hoping they move by two weeks instead of one when they re-release the bulletin...

my PD is Feb 27, 02...so I am really hoping they move by two weeks instead of one when they re-release the bulletin...

I am really hoping they would change the cutoff for FB1 to December 22, 2002. Come on FB1 needs some very active movement at this point. It's only a 10 month jump ahead. It did move a whole year back in the past, why not move forward a year for a change??

Why don't we discuss anything in between visa bulletins? Because frustration is boiling below threshold at these times only to explode monthly on the day of the bulletin release.

It seems like everything is going to be at a standstill until the new administration takes over.
Nish03 it looks like you are going to adjust in May of this year, so hang in there...

How about other FB1s? If your PD is somewhere in 2002 do you feel optimistic about adjusting this year?

03/13/2008: USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez to Resign

* Unconfirmed sources indicate that Dr. Gonzalez will leave the USCIS as of April 18, 2008. It is unclear who will be nominated by the President to take this position. Whoever the replacement will be, it is going to be a short-lived leader of USCIS considering the fact that the new administration is scheduled to take office coming January 2009. As Bush Administration ends its era, more and more politically appointed leaders of the federal agencies are expected to jump the ship.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

And they still haven't got back to me for my upgrade. :mad:

I don't think the USCIS writes back acknowledging a request for category upgrade (I think that's what you are talking about). In my case I just saw a LUD on my I130 application.

Does any one know how long it takes to get the green card once the priority date becomes current? Does it take the same amount of time for people of different categories to adjust status? It's taking Spouses of US citizens about 4-5 months to adjust status these days..would be nice if we also were able to adjust in that short a period.

It seems like everything is going to be at a standstill until the new administration takes over.
Nish03 it looks like you are going to adjust in May of this year, so hang in there...

How about other FB1s? If your PD is somewhere in 2002 do you feel optimistic about adjusting this year?

03/13/2008: USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez to Resign

* Unconfirmed sources indicate that Dr. Gonzalez will leave the USCIS as of April 18, 2008. It is unclear who will be nominated by the President to take this position. Whoever the replacement will be, it is going to be a short-lived leader of USCIS considering the fact that the new administration is scheduled to take office coming January 2009. As Bush Administration ends its era, more and more politically appointed leaders of the federal agencies are expected to jump the ship.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html
mermaid, it seems difficult that our pd's could be reached this year, even if it happens till the july/august of next year it would be worth it.
Do you think that the change of USCIS director now or in future would bring any change for us esp when our cases are already out of USCIS and we are only at the stake of visa bulletin.

Does any one know how long it takes to get the green card once the priority date becomes current? Does it take the same amount of time for people of different categories to adjust status? It's taking Spouses of US citizens about 4-5 months to adjust status these days..would be nice if we also were able to adjust in that short a period.
once your pd is reached then you are as good to adjust as the spouse of US citizen.

With the new rule it should not take more than 6 months. Many I485 were pending for years waiting for the FBI name check to clear. As of last month I485 pending name check is approved after 6 months even if the name check has not cleared. I don't think it matters under what category I485 was filed.

Assuming you can file I485 in May 2008 you will get your GC by the end of this year.

mermaid, it seems difficult that our pd's could be reached this year, even if it happens till the july/august of next year it would be worth it.
Do you think that the change of USCIS director now or in future would bring any change for us esp when our cases are already out of USCIS and we are only at the stake of visa bulletin.

I don't get why there is such slow movement. Are they reaching the 23,000 quota for this year for FB1?

For this fiscal year, starting October 1, 2007 the bulletin moved form Nov 8, 2001 to February 22, 2002, a little over 3 months. Is it realistic that close to 23,000 applications were filed during that period?

What I would like to find out is how many I 130 were filed in 2002 for FB1 and FB2b. It seems that fewer than the allowed by quota (around 23,000) visas are being issued. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't get why there is such slow movement. Are they reaching the 23,000 quota for this year for FB1?

For this fiscal year, starting October 1, 2007 the bulletin moved form Nov 8, 2001 to February 22, 2002, a little over 3 months. Is it realistic that close to 23,000 applications were filed during that period?

What I would like to find out is how many I 130 were filed in 2002 for FB1 and FB2b. It seems that fewer than the allowed by quota (around 23,000) visas are being issued. What are your thoughts on this?
A few days back I was reading on a web site that a rapid movement of cutoff dates is usually followed by a phase of slow movement because the demand suddenly increses. you see when dates moved rapidly not every one whose PD was before the cut off date got immigrant visa, infact some ppl with PD's as earlier as 2000 might be getting their Immingrant visas now due to different reasons,eg: naturalization of parents in our category. I feel that it will remain relatively slow and might start moving at a rate of 1 month per bulletin after oct. since VB is said to be unpredicatable we always have hope in some corner of our minds that VB might jump high next month or the month after.
When they retracted the VB some of us can still hope that republised bulletin brings some thing more positive.