US Citizen Oath Tomorrow (Stupid Question)

mazam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is having her oath tomorrow. Do I need to go with her for some reason or she can go alone for the oath?

Oath

Hi,

My wife is having her oath tomorrow. Do I need to go with her for some reason or she can go alone for the oath?

You are most welcome to attend the oath ceremony with her, just to be with her on this special day, but in all honesty, you don't have to be with her. She can do it all by herself and get her certificate without you being there.

Good luck to her tomorrow. Congrats :)

She can go alone. In fact during the check in process if it is a separate room, you will not be let in. You will be allowed to sit in the audience while she completes her "check-in" process. To help her, fill out the oath letter backside and sign and date it before she goes to the check in process.

Hi,

Since it is a big event for someone who is getting sworn in, why wouldn't you go for her big day? My wife took the day off work to come witness my oath ceremony. Other people have friends and relatives come in for that special day.

But yeah no one has to go other then the person getting sworn in. It's just I can't see why a spouse wouldn't go unless there's some major work delima and they just can't...

Do attend if you can

Hi,

I attended the oath ceremony for my wife.(I am still waiting). It was a great feeling to see her take oath and become an american.

Do not miss it unless you have some absoultely unavoidable work to do.

just my 2 cents.

Regards

My wife took the day off and attended my oath ceremony. She wanted to see how someone born outside the US is granted something she was born with. She was disappointed. She thought it was too boring and dull :)

Do I need to go with her for some reason or she can go alone for the oath?

My wife took the oath today. I did not go. She said it was boring and she had to wait for 3 hours before the ceremony even started. Anyways, she is a US citizen now. Thanks a lot everyone for helping us out in our journey.

Now, my journey begins from H1B to Green card :)