US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

My case got completed today. Im so happy today. I wish all of you very best as well. Thank you God and thnx all friends for support.

Hi princess, CONGRAAATS!
Please put up your NVC timeline for everybody in detail...
OR, could you please tell me exactly how many days it took for your AOS Package and DS230 package to be processed (Tell me days from receiving, then putting it into the system and then processing)
I'd be extremely greatful, since it's been more than so many weeks for my AOS :( and DS230 and we have no news... they haven';t put in our packages into the system at all..

Hello Princess12,
First of all, please accept my heartfelt congratulations. We are already aware of your Mar 31st Receipt date. At this point, it would help to know the following things -
- When did you send in your AOS and IV documents package?
- When did NVC register those document packages as Received?
- When did they send you the Interview letter, when did you receive it and where did they send it - by mail or email - to the agent or the beneficiary - in India?
- What's your Interview date?
- What US Consulate is your Interview scheduled at?

We eagerly look forward to your responses. Thanks and congrats once again.

My case got completed today. Im so happy today. I wish all of you very best as well. Thank you God and thnx all friends for support.

congratulation Princess12.... can u give the timeline.....how many days it took to complete NVC process...

Priority date for I130: March 31st 2010
Approval for I130: September 22nd 2010
AOS Received: October 8th
AOS fee Paid on October 8th and sent in the package on 13th October.
AOS scanned in on 21st october.
IV paid on 18th of October and showed paid on 19th.
IV scanned in on 29th of October.
Case Completed on November 18th.
Waiting for Interview Date................

I have not yet received any email or mail. I had called to check my status and automated mssge plays "Your Case has been completed as of Nov 18th 2010" Please wait four-six weeks for further instructions. Good luck every1 n wish me luck with the interview.

@princess12.....congrats.. Did u file urself or through lawyer.... Because i rcd aos and iv fees filing fee together and instead paying online my lawyer asked me to mail the fees. Does any1 know ab8 this procedure?

i wish you had not listen to the lawyer because it's waste of tiem to mail in them fees. it's much faster and easier online. When did your case start? Mine is from Punjab, India.

Hello everybody, i read your converstion and i think i am in the same state with you. can anybody tell me if i have to fill a i 864 or a i864ez form? i am confuse about it. my husband have to send the AOS package but we dont know which form to file. thank you.

hey guys,
I have few questions about the IV documents that you send along with the DS-230 my question is can you just photo copy the original marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc... and send to NVC? My next question is does the beneficiary send the IV package DS-230 along with other documents or the beneficiary sends the package to the petitioner and the petitioner send the package to NVC? Please let me know. Thanks

hey Olta, you have to read the instruction and figure out from there which form you need to use and that applies to you.

@ noorilove, i m not sure on everything since i m in this process recently. but my lawyer has asked me to take all the original documents to her and this will b submitted here in US. i don't think that beneficiary has to send anything to any place. beneficiary will email it to you and u will send it to NVC, i think ab8 DS-230.

Question: I heard that some1 was interviewed and he passed the interview but have been asked to wait about 4 to 8 weeks to get the visa on his passport, embassy held the passport? Does any1 know that after interview at embassy the beneficiary has to wait again? or may b it was just coincidence?

Hello everybody, i read your converstion and i think i am in the same state with you. can anybody tell me if i have to fill a i 864 or a i864ez form? i am confuse about it. my husband have to send the AOS package but we dont know which form to file. thank you.

Hi Olta,

With regards to which form to fill, your husband can fill form I-864EZ only if the following three apply to your case:

1) He is the one who is the petitioner for the sponsored relative (meaning he filed form I-130)
2) The sponsored relative is the only one on form I-130.
3) The income he is using to sponsor you is entirely based on his salary or pension and shown on his W-2's. (meaning no joint sponsors or assets, just his salary)

Here's the link.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If he can not answer yes to even one of the above, then he will need to fill out form I-864.

Hope this helps.

I have few questions about the IV documents that you send along with the DS-230 my question is can you just photo copy the original marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc... and send to NVC? My next question is does the beneficiary send the IV package DS-230 along with other documents or the beneficiary sends the package to the petitioner and the petitioner send the package to NVC? Please let me know.

For CP cases you have to send all original documents that are requested, or certified copies (certified by the issuing authority). It's best to send one set of original and one set of photocopies to NVC and keep one set of photocopies for your records. The originals will be returned to the beneficiary at the interview at the consulate (make sure beneficiary asks for the originals back at end of interview)

With regards to who mails the IV packet, the benificiary will mail to the petitioner the filled and signed DS-230 and all originals (Beneficiary birth certificate, police certificate, etc) Then petitioner will add his/her originals to the packet and make copies of it all, then send to NVC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@noori if you are the petitioner you only need your citizenship certificate and AOS form and documents supporting your AOS. as for the beneficiary he or she is the one that has to send the rest of the documents for DS 230 and as far as sending what type of the document if it is not in english make sure they are officially translated and certified and usually with documents that are translated the translator is supposed to attach a copy of the original in the back of the translation. atleast that's how it is in Iran. once everything is ready before you send it to NVC make sure you make a copy of everything you are submitting and for those like birth certificate or marriage certificate take the original to the interview. because at the time of interview everything you submitted to nvc will be needed again for interview. the reason for that is incase let's say they lose something they will ask you for it at the time of the interview. I am mailing everything to nvc and I am the petitioner.

@ dear olta there are only 2 forms for petitioner to fill out you either have to fill out I864 or I864ez and let's say if you have a sponsor he or she has to fill out I 864 and let's say your sponsor is married and on their tax returns they file together for example your brother and his wife are your sponsor: in this case his wife has to fill I 864a and your brother will fill I864 and you will fill I 864 or I 864ez.

I hope this helps good luck to all of you. I hope that all of us could come out of this process with approved at the end! keeping my fingers crossed for everybody!

Thanks Princess12 for the details, much appreciated.
I am guessing your case is at New Delhi's US Consulate, same as mine. Please do let us know when you get your Interview letter with the Interview date.

Thakda,
dude, any update on your documents if they are scanned in NVC's system yet?

oh, I just remembered something to tell you guys, check with nvc to be sure that the country of your beneficiary needs a police certificate. Iran does not need a police certificate I will be sending you the list of countries that do not need police certificate shortly.

Afghanistan
bangladesh
bulgaria
cambodia
chad
equatorial guinea
haiti
iran
iraq
libya
mexico
mongolia
nikaragua
sierra leone
somalia
sudan
tajikistan
togo
tonga
united states of
america

Afghanistan
bangladesh
bulgaria
cambodia
chad
equatorial guinea
haiti
iran
iraq
libya
mexico
mongolia
nikaragua
sierra leone
somalia
sudan
tajikistan
togo
tonga
united states of
america

Hey guys, thanks so much for the advice but I did call NVC last night and representative told me that usually the beneficiary sends everything to the petitioner in case some papers are missing so you can collect before mailing it to NVC she told me its all up to you and the beneficiary. I have already sent out my AOS package on November 8, 2010 so i am only waiting. I am also waiting for my husband to get his police certificate tommorrow than he will mail DS-230 package to me than i will forward the package to NVC. Also one more thing the lady told NVC usually looks for the orginals.