US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

received an RFE for AOS. I have to send an explanation of why I didn't file taxes prior to 2009, I graduated frm school in 09 and didn't have any income before 09. I already wrote that in one sentence before but i guess I will have to write a whole essay :mad:
Hey thakDha how long approx did NVC take to review your AOS package and respond after receiving it... please give me number of days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Hyponesse for the information. They received my pacakge on the october 29th. Have not heard from them ever since. Thakhda..wht is RFE? What date did tey receive your ds230 package? HOw long did it tke for them to review yours?

Thanx Hyponesse for the information. They received my pacakge on the october 29th. Have not heard from them ever since. Thakhda..wht is RFE? What date did tey receive your ds230 package? HOw long did it tke for them to review yours?

hey princess12,
RFE means request for evidence thats all.

they received my AOS package on Oct 21st, showed up in their system as received on Oct 29th. received an email on Nov 12 about missing IRS transcript and explanation of why I didnt file in 07 and 08... to be honest guys, if there is no news since u sent the package , that's a good news. that means once the 0230 gets processed you will jst be given an interview date. i sent the documents again today, so another few weeks till they review these docs..

Courier services showed my AOS and DS230 packages were received on Nov 4th and Nov 10th respectively. I called on Nov 15th and NVC told me the documents are still not registered as received in their system as it takes a week or two for them to do that. Once that happens, they take 20 business days to review. It's a painfully slow process it seems.

Thakda - Thanks for the update.

Everyone - Please do update as soon as you receive any communication from NVC over your documents.

I called the NVC today because they also received my package on the 29th but they are not giving me any information at all. They keep saying it'l tke 3-4 weeks to review. If they have reviewed yours within 9 days..they should'v atlst given me sum info. Dont knw y itz takin forever.

Hi everyone,

Here is the time line for my case:
receipt date: 6//14/2010
approval notice: 11/01/2010
received an email from NVC: 11/15/2010
registered as an agent: 11/16/2010
paid 88.00 and 404.00: 11/16/2010
what happens next??? could you guys tell me if you are further in process.

Hi everyone,

Here is the time line for my case:
receipt date: 6//14/2010
approval notice: 11/01/2010
received an email from NVC: 11/15/2010
registered as an agent: 11/16/2010
paid 88.00 and 404.00: 11/16/2010
what happens next??? could you guys tell me if you are further in process.

Sorry everyone my previous post was posted twice and I have been trying to delete one of them, but for some reason I'm not able to.

Thanks Princess12,
Actually my packages were received on Nov 8th and Nov 10th respectively. I suppose I should wait until end of this week by which time they would be in their system.

Rama,
You would want to send the AOS and Application processing documents(DS230) along with the cover sheets showing your AOS and IV fee paid. The instructions are there on NVC's website. Just follow them to the dot and you will be fine.

Jazzysingh..according 2 my 2 mails..it tkes exctly 9 days for them to enter your package into the system.

hi jazzy
thank you for responding back

oh ok but i guess i have to wait until my payment gets posted before I can access DS230 and my coversheets right??? Am I gonna have an option to print DS230 or is there gonna be button or link to fill DS230 online???

just a quick question for you as far as tax return just the transcript for w2 and 1040 is enough right because I have my tax return folder but do you know how many pages is gonna be if i want to send copies of my folder of me and my co sponsor tax return.

my payment got posted the status says paid and I'm waiting for my attorney to call me but I'm nervous as hell about the forms I have to fill out I hope I can successfully finish this last part soon and I will be done forever.

Has any1 heard from nvc yet?

Nope..nothing yet. They still haven't put the AOS into processing :( For DS230 they say we did receive "something" but haven't put that into the system.

BTW guys, something weird happened. I, the beneficiary received the Agent form by mail yesterday even though we had gotten done with it wayyy back. The date on the letter is the same as the one they had emailed to me and the petitioner. They have also accepted that form...maybe the letter by snail mail reached me now.
Did any of you (beneficiary) receive the agent form by snail mail as well??
We called up NVC for this for which they said it's normal procedure to send it to both the Beneficiary and the Petitioner :s We're hence planning on ignoring it...Since they had accepted the agent choice form when it was sent to them duly filled and signed by me, and also paid IV fee (which can only become available once the Agent form is accepted) and also sent the DS230.

I'm just being paranoid maybe!

called them today. my wife sent DS-0230 package on Nov 1st, courier service confirmed received on Nov 8th. the package hasn't been scanned as received in their system yet.

@ rama2010 u r lucky because u applied after me and we both r sitting in the same boat right now.... goodluck.
timeline.
5-17-10 -- received by USCIS---I-130
5-21-10 -- accept @ USCIS
10-20-10 -- approved by USCIS
11-11-10 -- rec'd letter NVC
11-13-10 -- paid the money. $88 and $404

My case got completed today. Im so happy today. I wish all of you very best as well. Thank you God and thnx all friends for support.