US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

Thanks syed finally someone brought up the simplicity of the conversation :)
My next question is for noori, did you pay the fee on nvc website or USCIS website? is it just 88 dollars or is it more?
I will do that 2 on monday!

syed no problem. and rama2010 i paid my fee on the nvc website https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx sign with your case number and invoice identification number i got both of mine from nvc representive and its $88.

Thanks noori, I'm gonna wait until I receive my notice because when I looked at jazzy's thread, it looked like that if you do something online you have to end up doing everything online and I don't want to risk it.

Hi everybody...
looks like everyone's busy with the process but please kindly keep updating this thread with your process status from time to time...
Princess, we have submitted our DS230 too. Did you get some sort of a response on the AOS package?? They have received ours but still haven't put it into the system... has yours or anybody;s been reviewed and responded to?

Thakdha, where in the process are you?

Hey Hyponesse..When u here the automated message with update on your case, wht date does it say that they received your package..or wht does automated mssge say. MIne says, we received your package on October 29th and we will take 4-6 weeks to review your application. Please every1 update wht your automated mssge says. Thanx

Also Hyponesse, Under the education column..Did you put all your education or just college or just high school. Also, did u only send notorized copies of everything or did you send any originals? Could you write down the list of stuff you sent.

Hi everybody...
looks like everyone's busy with the process but please kindly keep updating this thread with your process status from time to time...
Princess, we have submitted our DS230 too. Did you get some sort of a response on the AOS package?? They have received ours but still haven't put it into the system... has yours or anybody;s been reviewed and responded to?

Thakdha, where in the process are you?

they received my AOS package on Oct 29th. It hasn't been reviewed yet. My wife sent in DS-0230 on Nov 1st frm India, it should've been received by NVC by now. I will call them later this week to check. I wasn't able to get passport clearance certificate. Passport office needed a check list document, which NVC sends once something is missing. I called NVC and they told me to send all the other docs except the passport clearance certificate which my wife will bring it to the interview with her. were u guys able to get the Pass. clear certificate?

Also Hyponesse, Under the education column..Did you put all your education or just college or just high school. Also, did u only send notorized copies of everything or did you send any originals? Could you write down the list of stuff you sent.

We did what WE thought was right... We still haven't gotten any response whatsoever but I shall still tell you what we did only because you're asking. Only making clear that we might God forbid have been wrong too, so do your own reading/research.

We put in all the places where I have done my schooling from, including correct corresponding years for each. Also, as far as the civil documents go - we sent originals of everything.

Birth certificate, Police Certificate, Passport Bio page photocopies, and Marriage certificate.

they received my AOS package on Oct 29th. It hasn't been reviewed yet. My wife sent in DS-0230 on Nov 1st frm India, it should've been received by NVC by now. I will call them later this week to check. I wasn't able to get passport clearance certificate. Passport office needed a check list document, which NVC sends once something is missing. I called NVC and they told me to send all the other docs except the passport clearance certificate which my wife will bring it to the interview with her. were u guys able to get the Pass. clear certificate?

The passport clearance certificate requirement is only for India. So, it might not have applied or applies to all of us.

Im still waiting for pcc,will be sending ds230 pkg next week as soon as i receive the pcc.aldo does petitioner need to submot any docu other than bc and mrg certif?do we need to send original naturlisation certif?

Just a quick update...

I sent in my DS-230 package and AOS package and paid both the IV and AOS fee by the end of last week. My(wife's) last mailing was for DS230 that was received on Nov 10th. AOS package was received on Nov 8th.

I have no further update. I suppose if everything is fine NVC will send an Interview letter at some point.

Thakda and others who are a bit ahead of me,
Can you guys please update where you stand at this point? Have you received anything from NVC and if you have'nt, are you aware of the time frame to wait before receiving anything from NVC?

guys can anybody tell me ab8 the fees.... What is the $404 for and $88?
this suppose 2 b for NVC but what is it for?

Thanks,

Thanks,

hey Syed m,
the $88 is for AOS ( affidavit of support) fee and the $404 is for IV ( immigrate visa) fee.

Just a quick update...

I sent in my DS-230 package and AOS package and paid both the IV and AOS fee by the end of last week. My(wife's) last mailing was for DS230 that was received on Nov 10th. AOS package was received on Nov 8th.

I have no further update. I suppose if everything is fine NVC will send an Interview letter at some point.

Can you guys please update where you stand at this point? Have you received anything from NVC and if you have'nt, are you aware of the time frame to wait before receiving anything from NVC?

received an RFE for AOS. I have to send an explanation of why I didn't file taxes prior to 2009, I graduated frm school in 09 and didn't have any income before 09. I already wrote that in one sentence before but i guess I will have to write a whole essay :mad:

thanks Noori once again for the info. anyway good news is i rec'd the case number from NVC. where is ur case now..Is ur husband setup for an interview???

5-17-10 -- received by USCIS---I-130
5-21-10 -- accept @ USCIS
10-20-10 -- approved by USCIS
11-11-10 -- rec'd letter NVC

thanks Noori once again for the info. anyway good news is i rec'd the case number from NVC. where is ur case now..Is ur husband setup for an interview???

5-17-10 -- received by USCIS---I-130
5-21-10 -- accept @ USCIS
10-20-10 -- approved by USCIS
11-11-10 -- rec'd letter NVC

No not yet i am waiting for my IV to be invoiced so i can pay the $404. hopefull by the end of this month everything will be ready and an interview will be setup for my husband inshallah. Good luck.

Hyponesse, wht date do they say on receiving ur documents?

Hi, They haven't yet reviewed our AOS package but they say they received it last Friday which was approximately a few days after my husband had dispatched it...
They haven't put in the DS230 at all into the system...figuring a few weeks for that :(

What about you??

Just a quick update...

Hi, they say it'll take 3 to 4 weeks to review the package... considering they still haven't reviewed my AOS even though it was sent almost 2 weeks ago is proof enough :( :(

By the way, did NVC give anyone any news (decision after review) on either packages??

Thanks,
Please use travel.state.gov for detailed information from scratch.... Click on the Immigrant Visa tab at the bottom and then, read about the entire NVC process in very simple language.