URGENT QUIT PhD!!!! Please Respond

tr085671

Dear All,

I am currently hold a F1 visa and am enrolled in a PhD program, finished 2 years. I want to discontinue PhD and work on an H1B visa. I have a MS degree from a US University and had used up the OPT period in the past.

My questions are as follows:

--What are my options as International student on F1 visa if I quit my PhD?

--Is it legal to quit the PhD program and file for H1B if someone is willing to hire me?

--Can I go for another Master's degree or Day 1 CPT program?

-- Is it possible to file for a pre-completion OPT for the PhD program and start working for an employer to get H1B and eventually quit PhD?

--If the change of status from F1 to H1B is approved will visa stamping in India be an issue?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dear All,

I am currently hold a F1 visa and am enrolled in a PhD program, finished 2 years. I want to discontinue PhD and work on an H1B visa. I have a MS degree from a US University and had used up the OPT period in the past.

My questions are as follows:

--What are my options as International student on F1 visa if I quit my PhD?

--Is it legal to quit the PhD program and file for H1B if someone is willing to hire me?

--Can I go for another Master's degree or Day 1 CPT program?

-- Is it possible to file for a pre-completion OPT for the PhD program and start working for an employer to get H1B and eventually quit PhD?

--If the change of status from F1 to H1B is approved will visa stamping in India be an issue?

Thank you very much for your help.