Urgent question on travel outside of US. I am in India. Pls. reply

rrb

Registered Users (C)
hi

right now i am india.

i got my gc this july. we also have actual GC cards.

my wife and daughter left US on 18th Aug. and I am came here on Nov 1st. My wife came for attending some marriage and i came here for holidays. i don't have any intensions to be outside here, but, i am taking vacation.
due to many holidays there , i decided to extend my travel along with my family till 17th of jan. as there are some christmas holidays there and here in jan some festivals as you know.

my q is i am returing with in 180days which should be fine. and for my family it will be 5 months. i hope this should be ok. we are extending just because of holidays.

is that 180 rule is only for actual person who got GC or for dependents also?
still i hope my family is with in 180 days.

what is exact period that we should be outside. and is that considered on yearly basis, i mean, suppose i am here in nov, dec so, that is 2 months in 2002 and in jan 2003 from jan 1st to jan 17th is 17 days? or as i am here from nov 2002 to jan 17th it is 2 and half months. please clarify.

especially i am interested in knowing about family situation. there will be returing exactly after 5 months. i hope that should work out.

please share your experiences and i appreciate your early reply ASAP.

Hi rrb - Questions for you...

I hope you won't mind my questions. Is your India trip is like 'Leave of Absence'? Are you getting paid while you are in India? Also did you take any letter from HR dept. stating that you have an employment here?
I will be leaving for India soon. I do not have a project right now, my project starts in Feb so, my employer is asking me to take 'Leave without Pay' so, I thought it may be a good time to go home and spend some time there. My family will be here. As I recently got GC (I don't have a card yet) It worries me to take 'Leave of Absence for a month'. Althought I got paid for 2 months after getting GC.
Joe F - What do you all think? Thank you for your input.

Re: Re: Urgent question on travel outside of US. I am in India. Pls. reply

If you stay abroad for over 180 days, but less than 1 year, you seek admission when you return. The difference is that all the ground of inadmissibility (which are listed on the I-485) apply. And the INS officer at the POE could ask for evidence that you did not abandon your residence in the US.

What do you mean by seek admission??
or is it ok if we come with in one year , as i mentioned in my earlier post , my wife is carrying and planning to stay little more than 6 months. would this be a problem. even if i have some kind of medical cerificates as evidence.