Urgent--marriage Based 'gc' And Limit By Country

kruz_patz

Registered Users (C)
Hello there,

Who ever can answer my question, I really appreciate for that.

My wife is a FIJI CITIZEN (BORN CITIZEN) currently GC holder in usa (since 3 years). At the current moment I am on a student visa. If we file for my permenant residency petition based on my wife's status in US.

Since she is a FIJI CITIZEN - there's less backlog for this country, so is it true that my petition will process fast and I'll get my green card early than a petitioner from India or anyother country where the backlog is higher. (Normally takes 3-4 years).

Please guide.

Thank you

Since she is a FIJI CITIZEN - there's less backlog for this country, so is it true that my petition will process fast and I'll get my green card early than a petitioner from India or anyother country where the backlog is higher. (Normally takes 3-4 years).

Her country of birth is irrelevant. Only yours matters.

So USCIS will consider my country for the visa availability .........Please clear the doubt in brief........Thanks

So USCIS will consider my country for the visa availability .........Please clear the doubt in brief........Thanks

Yes. It should take 5-6 years...

The best thing is wait for her to get her citizenship in 2 years or so, and then she files for you as a citizen and you would get a GC within 1 year.

So it is confirmed that it will take 3-4 (an usual approximate time) year's in my personal case ....... to get a GC.