Urgent J2 stamping question

makach

hi ,
i am on j2 visa, my husband being the primary J1 visa holder . we got our j visas renewed in july this yrear but our passports are not REstamped as we didn't travel outside USa , now i have to travel alone to meet my son who is in india. All of us have valid ds 2019 and I94 as D/S. My question is that will it be a problem to get my visa stamped without my husbands' visa stamped yet as he is staying here in USA. kindly advise, i am in desperate situation right now and i am travelling to India coming saturday ansd I have an appointment at US embassy on coming monday. Any one who has been through this or has friends who have gone through the same....any input would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

hi ,
i am on j2 visa, my husband being the primary J1 visa holder . we got our j visas renewed in july this yrear but our passports are not REstamped as we didn't travel outside USa , now i have to travel alone to meet my son who is in india. All of us have valid ds 2019 and I94 as D/S. My question is that will it be a problem to get my visa stamped without my husbands' visa stamped yet as he is staying here in USA. kindly advise, i am in desperate situation right now and i am travelling to India coming saturday ansd I have an appointment at US embassy on coming monday. Any one who has been through this or has friends who have gone through the same....any input would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

J2 does not the principal J1 to be overseas to stamp passport. In fact many J1 holders send J2 paper work to their spouses overseas for stamping. Just go ahead. If it will be denied (I do not hope so) this will be because something related to you and has nothing to do with the presence or absence of you husband. Safe trip.

Hi again,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Its just that my husband's visa has not been REstamped yet. I know that he doesn't have to be physically present but one of the requirements for J2 visa stamping at new delhi consulate is - 'photocopy of valid visa of J1' and my husband's visa was initially stamped in 2007 but not this year though he has valid ds2019 with him. Sorry to bug u again.....