URGENT Info on Passport request from Buffalo

rammi

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I got my passport request (for stamping) from buffalo office, but i want o delay it by 3 months......is it safe to do so ?.....plssssssssssssss help

whats ur timeline rami?

rammi said:
Hi all
I got my passport request (for stamping) from buffalo office, but i want o delay it by 3 months......is it safe to do so ?.....plssssssssssssss help

Timeline

what is timeline?
the letter i got only specifies the additional documnets i need to send,like height and eye details and pictures.
Though i got my medical done in December 2004.

timeline meaning

when u applied, got AOR, AI, DID MEDICALS ETC ETC, ALSO WHICH VISA POST

Thanks for the response Manoo, but i still don't know what AI or AOR stands for ? Yes as for the medicals, i got them done on 5th November 2004 and the Visa category is skilled Visa .

I am not sure how much you can delay submitting ur passport, but ur visa will be valid only till Nov 2005. Usually visa expires in one year from the day ur medical was done..

rammi said:
Thanks for the response Manoo, but i still don't know what AI or AOR stands for ? Yes as for the medicals, i got them done on 5th November 2004 and the Visa category is skilled Visa .

Hi

rammi said:
Hi all

I wouldn't wait past 30 days, at that point you will probably get a letter from Buffalo stating along the lines of ".... it would appear that you are no longer interested in Immigration to Canada, and if we do not hear from you in x days, we will close your file..."

PMM

rammi said:

Hi Rammi,

Even if you get your passport stamped now your visa will be valid till 5th Nov 2005 (1 year from the date you got your medical done). So you will have till that date to land in Canada. If you decide to send your passport after 3 months the visa will still be valid till 5th Nov 2005.

So you can send your passport now and land anytime before the expiry of your PR visa. Hope that helps.

By the way:
Applied - Date you posted your application
AOR - Date when you got your file number
IA - Date when you got medical form and information about interview waiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional Info.

Also can someone tell,that if i go to Buffalo for stamping,then will they definitely do it in one day ???????

Hi

rammi said:
Also can someone tell,that if i go to Buffalo for stamping,then will they definitely do it in one day ???????

Yes, Tuesday and Thursdays, but you have to get there early, right at opening and you should get your PP back that afternoon. If it is reallly busy you would have to pick it up the either the following Thursday or Tuesday.

PMM

Thanks Kenny04 for the full form of all the acronyms.
As for Buffalo stamping , i thought the chances of them not giving back the passport on same day are slim, as everyone says that they give back .............But now as PMM says its maybe ............has anyone ever faced this situation?