Urgent-I-360 Petition for Amerasian,widow ( er ) or special immigrant

My_Reflection

Registered Users (C)
Somebody please HELP me out ASAP I'm so :confused:

I came to USA on may 10,2004 with valid J-1 visa as an student excange.I was working from may 10,2004 to march 8,2005.In the mean time I moved in with my now ex husband and we were planning to get married before my visa expires ( which was on may 10,2005 )
Unfortunately things didn't go the way we were planning for them to happen and we didn't get married at that time.I was out of status from may 10,2005 ...on February 2006 we got married and we were planning on applying for my green card but he become very irresponsible and I even couldn't talk to him about the immigration.At that time I was so lost and didn't know what to do and who to ask for help.Soon after that in August my ex husband assaulted me and I didn't have any other choice than to call the police and get an order of protection against him.During the assault he was threaten me how he is going to deport me if I say anything or call the police but I knew that would be the right thing to do even though I was scared and didn't know what's going to happen to me.
He got arrested day after the assault and got 20 days in jail.I got some help from a woman shelter and there I met a lady that offered me her help with the immigration saying that I have a right to apply for the citizenship as self petitioner.
I filed form I-360 Petition for Amerasian,Widow(er) or Special immigrant in October 2006 at Vermont Service Center together with I-765,I-485 and G-325A Biographic Information.Both my forms are still pending ( and has been almost a year ) they are always asking for some more documentation.I was able to pay for my work authorization but had to request for waiving of fees for the rest of it.
The lady that was helping me out will not do it any longer and I'm so lost don't know what to do from now on.I don't have many to pay a lawyer and I don't know much about the immigration and all rules so I'm very scared.I changed my address with the immigration 2 days ago which means I will be getting all mail from them not this lady that was helping me so far.

P.S I'm divorced right now but applied for my citizenship with the name I have in my passport and 2 year rule doesn't apply.

Please somebody tell me what to do?I really need advice? Can I be deported so many question I even don’t know where to start?!

Thank you

Did you say you applied for citizenship while waiting for a decision on your Adjustment of Status Application for a Green Card?

First thanks so much for the response...No I just applied for adjustment of status I-485 and today I just received an email from the immigration where it sais:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Card production ordered.

Does that mean they approved my work authorization?I'm sorry I know I ask to many questiones but I don't know much about the immigration that's why I'm trying to find out as much as I can.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you again.

My work permit just got approved yesterday so they accepted all documentation I sent so far.Right now they are asking me for police clearance from each state I’ve been in longer than 6 months.

Please help!!!

Just got in mail that immigration is requesting copy of my ex husband birthday certificate.I tried to obtain but Michigan State has a law that only he or his parents can request for a copy of it.
I have 2 weeks left to send my last package to the immigration but I couldn’t get a copy of his birth certificate and they might deny my form I-360.
Somebody please has any advice or has been in the same situation? Is there any other way to approve he is citizen?