Urgent: How Before Filing Receipt Is Received For H1

djmpolis

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I have been petitioned by my employer for an H1. My lawyer filed the application about three weeks ago. However, we still have not received the filing receipt from the Vermont Service Center until now. My lawyer said that it generally takes 7 weeks. I wanted to verify if this is indeed true as I am beginning to feel mislead by my attorney. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could give me any information as to how long a filing receipt is received after filing an H1 petition. Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

djmpolis said:
Hi. I have been petitioned by my employer for an H1. My lawyer filed the application about three weeks ago. However, we still have not received the filing receipt from the Vermont Service Center until now. My lawyer said that it generally takes 7 weeks. I wanted to verify if this is indeed true as I am beginning to feel mislead by my attorney. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could give me any information as to how long a filing receipt is received after filing an H1 petition. Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

3 -4 weeks are normal. Some time attorneys never tells actual date they have mailed the petition. You may be thinking it was mailed 3 weeks ago, in reality it may have been mailed yesterday only.
You have to wait to see.

Some one told me that if you send it by Over Night Delivery or by some other method where you cna track the confirmation of delivery. That confirmation number can be used as a receipt. GURU please correct if this is wrong.
Also you can ask you lawyer about the tracking number and you will know when he filed...