Urgent Help!!!

sekar73

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer received FP notices for me today and the appointment is for tomorrow @ 10 AM. He is in east coast and I am in west coast. There is no way I can receive original notices before appointment tomorrow. Questions:

1. Can I take photocopy or scanned copy of FP notices to FP center and still get FP done?
2. If they do not agree for the above, can I go to FP center and get another appointment?

Please help!

Yes, you can use the photocopy

Have done it before. If ASC questions it, you can explain the situation, they are usually very nice to understand these.

Shouldn't be a problem either way

If you want, you could try with a photocopy. Else, wait till you receive the original from your Attorney.

If you go 3,4 days late to the INS Office, it wouldnt be a problem. I am sure about that.

It should be ok

Try to explain the situation.
Tell the security staff (first person who checks for the documents) that you need to see the Manager if he refuses you to go inside.

It is their mistake to send you notice so late.

Technically:
Also if you do not show up at your finger print appointment, it is considered as you do not want to follow up AOS case. As per the verbage on the notice.

They may accept photocopy/fax copy only if the bar code in there is clear so that they can scan and get your details....

At least, you can give a try.

It is fine to have FP done within 86 days after the original notification date if they don't accept the copy version. In my case, they accepted the photocopy. So, you have two very positive chances.

Thanks everyone! I will post my experiences tomorrow after my visit to local office. My attorney did send me scanned copies and bar codes all details are clearly visible. Meanwhile, I am hoping that I will receive originals that VSC is supposed to send to me at my home address today.

sekar73 said:
My lawyer received FP notices for me today and the appointment is for tomorrow @ 10 AM. He is in east coast and I am in west coast. There is no way I can receive original notices before appointment tomorrow. Questions:

1. Can I take photocopy or scanned copy of FP notices to FP center and still get FP done?
2. If they do not agree for the above, can I go to FP center and get another appointment?

Please help!

I have taken the fax copy of the finger print notice to the local INS office and they have accepted it.

FYI

BEST OF LUCK !!!!

We are already disturbed / confused / frustrated applicants .... even a small issue makes us worry big time .... I wish everyone a safe ride.

Update: I was early for 10 am appt. and showed them copy of my FP notice and they were ok with that. Everything went smooth and FP was done well before scheduled appt. time. I guess now the wait continues.....