Urgent Help Needed! Being laid off!

Feb2002Case

Registered Users (C)
Gentlemen,
I am facing a situation where I have to change job. My client wants to fire me just because he has problems with my company but he gave me offer to join them as employee. My consulting company has no problem with this.

But here is the problem. I had applied for EAD renewal for my wife and me and AP renewal for my entire family ( son and daughter also). Everything was sent through my lawyer and in one package. It was mailed on 01/15/03.

I recieved receipt notices for AP for me and my wife. (RD 01/16/03)
I did not receive receipt notice for EADs and APs for my kids.

Is it usual or I should worry about it?
Now my old EAD expires 03/29/03. If I don't get my new EAD by then , Can I keep working or I have to take a break?

Please advise ASAP! Tomorrow Friday (02/07/03) is my last day at my client as consultant and my joining the client depends on this EAD thing. I need to prove to the client that I have no legal issues joining them.

Thanks in advance!

Show them your current EAD and explain that you

have filed for renewal and that it is routine. Also show your 485
receipts. If they are "legally" oriented they will definitely
see that there is no problem with your situation.
You can also explain that the EAD processing is "CURRENT"
with VSC.

You should be fine, show them your EAD and let them know that you have filed for your extension, you have around 2 months time you would be fine.

Sanjay

Thanks guys, I am actually getting ready for office and it is really helpful. I hope they will be convinced and today is not my last day at this client.

Guys,
I was able to talk to a very friendly IIO just now and she told me m EAD applications are received and will be approved by FEB end. What a relief. Thanks for your relpies.

I was in similar situation.
I had applied for EAD renewal at local INS office (not VSC).

My EAD was expiring 1/8 or 1/9/03.
I got a fulltime offer from a good company to join on 1/6/03.
I explained them about EAD. They said as long as you have filed renewal and have receipt to show us on 1st day we are fine.

Good thing was I had the receipt.

Good luck with your new job......

Thanks 180DaysIsGood.
I got laid off today as consultant but my manager assured they will take me back next week as employee as he has to work out numbers with finance department. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Also I spoke with IIO today and she said I should get my EAD renewal before this month end.
As far as 485 approval is concerned , she said they are processing OCT15,2001 cases and it will take a while to reach Feb 2002 cases. She 5-6 months is good guestimate.

Last edited by a moderator: